HOW TO UNINSTALL DIRECTX?by Rdx Tango Get complete real-time protection and safeguard yo
DirectX is among the handiest tools developed by Microsoft, and it helps optimize your gaming experience. However, updating to a new OS might create an error in the tool. In such cases, you may wish to get rid of the tool; however, there is no direct way to uninstall it. So, here are the steps to uninstall the DirectX.
Backup the Registry
If you wish to back up the registry, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the Windows Search on your system.
- You should enter ‘regedit’ into the search section.
- Reach the Registry Editor from the results, and right-click on it, then select the Run as administrator.
- If the ‘User Avaunt Control’ screen brings up, choose the Yes option.
- You should click on the File option.
- After that, reach the Export option.
- Navigate to the location wherever you want to save the backup of the Registry.
- Now, don’t forget, the Export range is fixed to All and select the Save button.
Edit DirectX Registry Value Data
If you would like to edit DirectX registry value data, then abide by the given steps.
- If you have your Registry backup, go to this directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DirectX.
- You should locate the value called Version.
- Reach this key and right-click on it and modify its value from 4.09.00.0904 to 4.08.00.0904 and select the OK button.
- Now, you have to shut the Registry Editor.
- After that, go to Microsoft’s official site and download the installer of DirectX.
- Finally, perform the installer and pursue the on-screen steps to install DirectX again correctly.
Install Windows Updates
- Navigate to the Start button, and right-click on it, then choose the Settings option.
- You have to select the Update and Security option.
- Then choose the Check for Updates option.
- You should wait until the Windows download and install the latest updates.
- Now, restart the system.
Run the System Restore
If you would like to run the system restore, then abide by the given steps.
- To launch the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R together on the keyboard.
- You should enter ‘rstrui.exe’ and hit the OK button.
- Select the ‘Show more restore points’ and pick within the list.
- You have to choose the ‘date and time’ option of the restoration point.
- Then click on the Next option and continue with on-screen steps to complete the process.
Update the Graphics Drivers
If you wish to update the graphics drivers, then pursue the given instructions.
- Reach the Start button and right-click on it and choose the Device Manager.
- You should enlarge the on Display adapters field.
- Go to the installed driver and right-click on it, then choose the Update driver option.
- You have to choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Now, restart the system.
Rdx Tango is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding avast.com/activation and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Jan 14th 2020 01:44. Viewed 128 times.