How to Troubleshoot Windows 10 Update Error Code 0xc7700112?by Edward Lewis consultant
Are you encountering Error 0xc7700112 after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? Recently, we have found that many Windows users are suffering from this issue. Usually, this error code occurs when users run the Windows Update or Windows Update Assistant.
At times, while checking the C:\Windows10Upgrade\upgrader_default.log, you may encounter the message which says; Error Setup Platform Initialize failed with result 0xc7700112. This Windows 10 Upgrade Error Code 0xc7700112 simply means that the setup can’t persist as there are traces of a previous setup installation attempt within the Boot Configuration Data file. Therefore, in most cases, Users are using the media creation tool for updating Windows 10. Unluckily, it appears that this option often ends up with some errors.
To troubleshoot the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0xc7700112, you need to use the following steps. The steps are discussed before.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0xc7700112
Before starting the process, make sure that you have to follow the instruction in the proper sequence to avoid troubles and damages. There are two ways which help you in fixing the error. Here how to do it:
Method-1 Create a USB Flash Drive
1. Firstly, download the Media creation tool in your Windows system.
2. After that, click on the tool to open it.
3. If asked, click on the “I Agree” box to accept the “T&C.”
4. Now, two options will appear on your screen which will be “Upgrade this PC” and “Create Installation Media for another PC. Here you should choose a second option.
5. Additionally, choose “Language, Architecture, and Edition.”
6. After it, choose between the “USB Flash Drive and ISO File.
7. Next, click on the “USB Flash Drive” selection; plug in a USB which has minimum 8GB of free space.
8. Lastly, tap on the “Drive” and hit “Next” tab.
Once done, now the Media Creation tool will download the Windows 10 Upgrade on USB easily, which you can now be used for upgrading the system.
Method-2: Download ISO File
1. Download and install Media creation tool.
2. After that, click on the Media Creation tool to launch it.
3. If prompted, checkmark the “I Agree” box to accept all the “T&C” of the tool.
4. In the next window, two options will be available which will be “Upgrade this PC” or “Download ISO.
5. Now, opt for the second option, ISO File.
6. Next, you should click on the selection and lets the download process to complete automatically.
7. Then, plug it in the USB which have at least 8GB free space.
8. Search the downloaded ISO file and right-click on the file, choose “Mount” option.
9. Moreover, search for the “File Explorer” option located on the taskbar.
10. Choose “Open CD Drive” option.
11.When you find a “Setup File,” just click on it twice and wait until the upgrade is successfully finished.
12. Finally, restart your computer system to save the changes and smoothly run on your computer system.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup
Created on Jan 8th 2019 08:36. Viewed 273 times.