How to troubleshoot the Norton Setup Error Code 8504, 104?by James watson James
Norton is one of the most prescribed antivirus software or the security products that have been made available to its office as well as the home users of different platforms like Android, Windows, Mac and iOS. Despite of having various incredible features, sometimes the users may face some common errors or issues while installing the Norton Setup to their device. And one such installation errors is Norton Error Code 8504, 104. Thus, in the below information, we have came up with some easy methods for resolving the Norton Error Code 8504, 104.
The Norton Setup Error Code 8504 is mostly caused due to either of the two reasons listed below:
A. The device has been installed with some other security product.
B. The installation of the Norton Setup gets failed, when it has been upgraded to the newer version.
C. Corrupted download of the Norton Setup.
D. The device has been infected with virus or malware.
As the Norton Error 8504, 104 occur on the device, an error message box is displayed on the screen that shows the error messages as shown below:
“Error Code 8504, 104: Unable to install the Norton 360”
“Error Code 8504, 104: Installation incomplete”
Before initializing the resolving procedure, the users need to login to the Norton Account to check whether the Norton Setup subscribed by the users is valid or not. If the subscription is under the validity period then, proceed with the resolving methods detailed below, else update it first.
Some common resolving methods of the Norton Error Code 8504 have been detailed below. By following these methods, the users can easily resolve the Norton Error Code 8504, 104:
Method 1: Execute the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool:
1. Firstly, the users need to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. To do so, go to the official website of the Norton.
2. Now, from the homepage, choose the “Product and Services” option.
3. Here, type the “Norton Remove and Reinstall” in the search box.
4. After this, from the search results, select the desired tool and then, click the “Download Now” button.
5. The .exe file will be downloaded to the default location of the system i.e. to the Downloads folder.
6. After downloading the .exe file of the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, go to the location where it has been downloaded by the users.
7. Now, double click the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool icon and then, go through the license agreement.
8. After this, to make an agreement to the license agreement, tap the “Agree” button.
9. Now, click the “Advanced” option.
10. And then, from the drop down menu, select the “Remove Only” option.
11. After this, click the “Remove” button.
12. Once the Norton Setup gets completely removed, restart the device.
13. After restarting the device, follow the on-screen instructions for reinstalling the Norton Setup to it.
14. Even the users may visit the Norton.com/Setup for getting the guides for installing the Norton Setup to their device.
Method 2: Uninstall all the Other Security Products:
For removing the other security products installed on the device, follow the stepwise procedure detailed below:
1. First and foremost, launch the “Start” menu by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar.
2. Now, select the “Control Panel” option from the right panel of the start menu.
3. From the “Control Panel” window, select the “Programs” option.
4. After this, select the “Uninstall a program” option.
5. The users will e directed to the next window that displays all the programs that have been installed to the device.
6. From this list select the security product (non-Symantec security product) and then, click the uninstall option.
7. After uninstalling the programs, restart the device and then, try to install the Norton.com/Setup.
If the Norton Error Code 8504, 104 still persists on the device then, the users may call the Norton Customer Support on the Norton toll-free number, to get the instant support.
Created on Mar 20th 2018 00:58. Viewed 501 times.