How to troubleshoot the Error Code 25004 in the Microsoft Office 2013?by Bailey Martin SEO Expert
The Office setup 2013 is one of the latest versions of the Office productivity suite developed by Microsoft. The Office 2013 version has been equipped with various new and advanced features like remodeled start screen, improved interface, supportive to all the platforms (like Windows, mac, iOS and Android) and many more. To enjoy these features, the users need to download, install and activate the Office setup 2013 to the device. Sometimes the users may encounter some error or issues while installing the Office 2013 productivity suite to the device and one such installation error is Office Error Code 25004.
The Office Error Code 25004 is caused when the users are trying to install the Office 2013 on the device on which the other versions of Office setup has been previously installed by the manufacturer. Therefore, it has been recommended to the users to uninstall and remove the existing version of Office setup. Apart from this, the Office Error Code 25004 is also caused when the users are using the product key that has been already used for activation.As the error occurs on the device, a message pop-up appears on the device that displays the message as shown below:
“MICROSOFT OFFICE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR DURING SETUP.
Error 25004: The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trials being installed. (System error: -1073422308)”
By following the stepwise procedures mentioned below, the users may easily resolve the Office Error 25004:
METHOD 1: UNINSTALL THE EXISTING VERSION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE:
- Firstly, launch the “Start” menu by either clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar or by pressing the “Windows” key (the four squares key) on the keyboard.
- From the start menu, click the “Control Panel” option.
- After this, the “Control Panel” window will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, click the “Programs” option. The users may utilize the search bar in the control panel window for finding the “Programs” option.
- And then, select the “” option.
- A window will appear that shows the list of all the programs or software installed on the device.
- From this list, search the “Microsoft Office” option.
- Now, select the “Microsoft Office” and click the “Uninstall” option.
- After this, restart the device.
Once the previous version of the Office productivity suite has been removed, the users may try to install the Microsoft Office version 2013 on to the device.
METHOD 2: RENAME THE TOKENS.DAT FILE:
Sometimes the token.dat file of the system interferes to the process of activating the Microsoft Office setup 2013. And as the result of it, the Office Error Code 25004 occurs on the device. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below to rename these token.dat file:
- Access the local disk (C: ) drive of the system in the “My Computer” icon.
- Now, follow the path in the local disk (C : ) drive as shown below:
Windows >> System32 >> app >> store >> 2.0
- In the 2.0 folder, look for the tokens.dat file.
- Now, select the “tokens.dat” file by right clicking on it.
- And then, select the “Rename” option.
- After this, rename the file and click the “OK” button.
- Now, try to activate the Office 2013 setup on the device.
If the Office setup 2013 Installation Error code 25004 still appears on the device then, the users may call the Office Customer Support on the Office toll-free number, to get an instant assistance for resolving the error. The Office Customer Support team is available round the clock to provide their support services to the users.
Created on Feb 17th 2018 03:03. Viewed 885 times.