How to troubleshoot the AVG Antivirus Pro Activation Issues on Android Devices?
by James Enrique Software Developer
AVG Antivirus Pro for Android is one of the antivirus products developed by the AVG Technologies for providing the protection guard to its users of Android platform. This AVG product has various sophisticated features that protects the users’ Android against the online threats and also secure their data. For activation of the AVG antivirus product, the users require an activation keycode that could be redeemed either through the email address (registered) or the AVG Retail Card (for which AVG retail registration is required). Sometimes the users may face some common issues or errors while activating the AVG Antivirus Pro on their Android devices. And one such common activation errors is “License Not Found”. Thus, the stepwise procedure detailed in the below information will help the AVG users to easily resolve the AVG “License not found” activation errors.
The activation error “License not found” is mostly caused when the users try to restore their AVG Antivirus Pro on their Android devices and the Android application of the AVG Antivirus does not detect the activation license keycode entered by them. As the activation error occurs on the Android device then, the application displays a message box showing the error message as shown below:
“License not found”
By following the stepwise procedures detailed below, the users could easily resolve the activation error “License not found” of AVG Antivirus Pro subscription on their Android devices:
Method 1: Clear the data of the Google Play Store:
For clearing the data of the Google Play Store, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Settings application on the Android device.
2. Now, go to the “Apps” fragment.
3. This fragment displays all the applications that have been installed to the users’ Android device.
4. Now, choose the “Google Play Store” application.
5. And then, tap the “clear data” button.
6. After this, a confirmation popup will be displayed to the users.
7. In this confirmation popup box, click the “Yes” button.
8. Once the data of the Google play store gets cleared then, the entire settings made by the users will be removed from the application.
9. Now, again launch the “Google Play Store” application. And click the “Agree” button for accepting the Terms of Services.
10. Go to the home screen of the Android device.
11. Now, launch the AVG Pro application installed to the Android device.
12. And then, click the “Upgrade” button on the main activity of the application of the AVG Pro app.
13. After this, tap the “Overflow menu” i.e. the three dots displayed at the upper right corner of the main screen.
14. And select the “Restore Purchase” option.
Thus, the AVG Antivirus Pro subscription will be restored to the device.
Method 2: Reinstall the AVG Antivirus Pro application on Android device:
For reinstalling the AVG Antivirus Pro to the Android devices, follow the instructions detailed below:
1. Firstly, uninstall the AVG Antivirus application from the device.
2. Now, launch the “Google Play Store” application.
3. And then, tap the menu icon displayed at the upper left corner of the main activity of the application.
4. From this menu panel, choose the “Account” option and then, select the “Subscriptions” option.
5. After this, the list of all the subscriptions that have been assigned to the users’ Google account will be displayed.
6. Select the AVG Antivirus Pro subscription and click the “Install” button.
7. Once the application gets successfully installed to the Android device, launch the application on it.
8. And then, tap the “Agree” button for making an agreement to the End User License Agreement of the application.
9. Thus, the application gets automatically activated on the users’ Android device.
Billy Crystal is a Technical Expert and has
been providing independent technical help since 2005. Billy has written
technical Articles, Manuals & reviews for many websites like
office.com/setup and avg.com.
Created on Mar 26th 2018 01:59. Viewed 462 times.