How to Troubleshoot Service Battery Warning on Mac
by Billy Mark Online Blogger
system generally works smoothly without any problem, but sometimes it shows a
problem regarding its battery service. The Service Battery Warning is annoying
because it keeps appearing in the battery status in the new Mac after few
months of usage. Well, the company has released the instructions to regarding
the maintenance of Mac battery.
to the company, the Service Battery Warning on Mac is caused due to the
software updates, a bug, poor battery management, etc. could be the cause for
this warning to appear. But there are some ways to resolve the warning problem
in your Mac. If you don’t know the steps to troubleshoot the problem, then
follow the guide to fix the service battery warning issue on your Mac.
Methods to troubleshoot the
Service Battery Warning on Mac
Determine the Cycle Count
system has a cycle count which indicates the amount of 100%-0% usage of battery
before overall battery life starts to diminish. If the cycle count is more than
the company’s instruction, the appearance of service battery warning must be
- Press the Options button and click the
- Now, click on the System Information from
- Scroll down and go to Hardware option in
the left pane.
- Click Power button to display all the
relevant and necessary information about the battery.
- In the bottom, you can see the Cycle Count
of your Mac system.
cycle count is exceeded as per the instruction by the company, then the service
battery warning is correct about the battery status. If not, then try the
methods to attempt troubleshooting the problem.
Resetting the Service Battery
the battery will take hours but the method powerful to get rid of the service
battery warning in your Mac. Even the company also suggests doing the reset of
the battery to keep the performance of the battery. Since the method takes
time, it would be good to recalibrate the battery overnight.
- Put your Mac on a full charge.
- Let the system charge until it gets 100%
- Keep your Mac system running when it is
connected with the adapter.
- Remove the adapter and keep the system
- Keep the Mac running until the low battery
warning appears on the battery status menu.
- Now, you Mac will on sleep mode.
- Turn your Mac off and leave for overnight or
- Again, attach the power cord to the system
until the battery status shows 100% battery.
- The process recalibrates the battery of
Mac and syncs the actual battery power.
Reset System Management
attempt to troubleshoot the problem, resetting system management controller
will definitely work out.
- Shut down your Mac system.
- Now, plug in the power adapter or MagSafe
with your system.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Option key
- Press the power button simultaneously.
- Now, release all the key combinations
- Press the power button alone to turn on
the Mac system.
- Go to the battery icon to check the
Service Battery warning is there or not.
- Generally resetting the System Management
Controller is a trick one should try as it reported to resolve the issue
service battery issue.
methods mentioned above will troubleshoot the Service Battery Warning in your
Mac. Don’t forget that when you are trying to recalibrate the battery, you must
choose the night time as it will take the whole night. In the next morning, you
can begin with a fresh start to complete the task and resolve the problem. Keep
repeating the process in equal interval of time to maintain the battery
Mark is a
technical expert who writes about productivity suites such as Microsoft Office.
He writes blog posts, reviews, instruction manuals, news releases, and
technical descriptions at office.com/setup.
Source : https://getofficesetup.com/how-to-troubleshoot-service-battery-warning-on-mac/
Created on Oct 16th 2018 04:49. Viewed 281 times.