How to Troubleshoot Sedlauncher.exe High Disk Usage on Windows 10?by Isa Bella SEO Strategist
The updates for the operating system are programmed to make the system better. However, sometimes, they include errors that irritate the user’s mind. The Windows 10 KB4023057 is designed to fix flaws in the previous windows, but the users face several issues in the update itself. They have added several components in the new Windows 10KB4023057, and these components include the Sedlauncher.exe; it is designed for improving the Windows flaws and remove bugs, etc. In this blog, we are focusing on possible ways by which you can fix this issue of Disk space that occurred because of the Sedlauncher.exe program.
Microsoft launches the Windows 10 KB4023057 update to improve the Windows 10 previous flaws. This update includes several components that are specially programmed to tackle the errors, and they are compound with Sedlauncher.exe. The purpose was to run the update process smoothly, the Sedlauncher.exe, secure, and made the Windows 10 working speed faster. The component is very useful and safe but has a minor flaw in it. The fault is that it occupies the high Disk space.
Fixing the Sedlauncher.exe High Disk Storage Error
The Sedlauncher.exe is a very prominent component of the Windows KB4023057 update. There are several possibilities to troubleshoot issues caused by the program. In the following blog, we are focusing mainly on four methods, so keep reading to fix the issue.
Turning Off the Sedlauncher.exe by Task Manager
- Open the taskbar.
- Right-click on the Windows option.
- After Task Manager launches, hover down and locate the Remediation service.
- Right-click on the option of Windows Remediation Service.
- Choose the End Task option.
- Reboot your PC and see if the change persists or not.
Disabling the Sedlauncher.exe via Service Utility
- Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Input “services.msc” in the Run dialog box.
- After the Service utility window launches, hover down towards Windows Remediation Service.
- Tap on the properties option.
- After that, open the General option.
- Open the list adjacent to the Startup Type tab, then select Disabled.
- Press on Stop tab appears in the Service Status part.
- Choose Ok and then Apply the option to save the task you have done.
- In case you are also facing the high disk CPU space in WaaSMedic.exe, then you can use these similar steps to disable it.
- Reboot the PC and check if the error is fixed or not.
Sedlauncher.exe Disabled via System Restore
The best function of the Windows 10 is that you can get the previous OS back, though it allows you to restore the System of your computer. This method contains the system restoration process by which the issues regarding Sedlauncher.exe will automatically be fixed. Here is how:
- Open the Search box by pressing Windows Key+S.
- Locate the Restore by typing it in the search bar.
- Once the search shows the results, tap on Create a Restore Point.
- Now, Go for the System Restore option.
- Tap on the Next tab to proceed.
- After this, check the restore point’s time period.
- Select the option where the error was not existing.
- Tap on Next to begin the system restore procedure.
Disable the Sedlauncher.exe Via Antivirus
You can use the Firewall or Antivirus to block the Sedlauncher.exe, as the Firewall will not let Sedlauncher.exe remain on your PC. We cannot deny this fact that Sedlauncher.exe is a prominent feature of the Windows 10 update, but if you are facing the high disk storage issue, then use this method to disable it.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Previous Article:- How to fix “Error 83 on Disney+” and What are the Reasons Behind it
Created on Nov 26th 2019 03:19. Viewed 241 times.