How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1603?by John Trump Accountiing Software Expert
QuickBooks is used by various sized business to simplify their accounting and day to day business related work. Bugs and errors show up unexpectedly that definitely hampers your work. QuickBooks Error 1603 is one of them, usually occurs when you try to install or even reinstall QuickBooks.
In this blog, you will learn the symptoms and causes of ‘QuickBooks Update Error 1603’. Moreover, we have also provided various solutions to resolve the error quickly.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1603
- The Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer not installed properly.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- You will not get enough permissions to install the latest version of QB.
- A company file is locked.
- Windows Temp folders are full.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation.
- Windows Installer is corrupted.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1603
- Windows Installer Components are missing.
- QuickBooks Installation files are damaged or incomplete.
- Microsoft .NET Framework may get damaged.
- Microsoft C++ & MSXML Components are damaged.
- Corrupted Windows registry can also lead to “QuickBooks Update Error 1603”.
- Invalid entries in Windows registry.
- Your system is not shut down properly.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Step 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This tool will help you analyze almost all types of QB related issues and resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1603 as well.
- First of all, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Next, install the application and run it.
- It might take some time to repair the issue.
- After its done, restart your computer.
Step 2: Fix the Issue Manually
For Windows 10, 8.1 or 8
- Firstly, click on Windows icon.
- Now, go to Settings.
- Next, select Update & Security.
- You have to click on Check for Updates.
For Windows 7
- The first step is to click on Start option.
- Now, go to Control Panel.
- Next, click on System & Security.
- You have to select Windows Updates.
Reopen Windows Installer Service
- Firstly, you need to open Control Panel.
- Now, click on System & Security.
- The, select Administrative Tools and double click on Services.
- Search for Windows Installer Service.
- Lastly, choose Restart Service.
Fix Microsoft .NET Framework
- Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Now, click on Windows Features.
- Verify that .NET Framework 3.5.1 & 4.5 checkboxes are not checked.
- Restart your PC and see if the problem is rectified.
Uninstall and Install Microsoft C++ & MSXML
- Firstly, open Control Panel and choose to Uninstall a Program.
- You will see a list, uninstall all Microsoft MSXML & C++ components.
- Now, restart your system.
- Finally, reinstall the components available at Microsoft website.
We hope these methods will help you fix QuickBooks Error 1603. If you face any problem while performing any step or need any kind of technical help, reach out to our experts. Just give us a call at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-877-263-2742.
Created on May 7th 2019 08:52. Viewed 582 times.