HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT NORTON ANTIVIRUS NOT WORKING ISSUES?by Oliver Smith Sr. SEO Executive
The Norton Antivirus is a software program that protects the computer from viruses and malware. This antivirus and antimalware software use signatures and heuristics to identify viruses or malware in your computer system. First, it asks for the user’s permission to scan any potential virus or malware on the system. After the user approves, it locates the virus and alerts the user immediately. The system then locks down to work on eliminating the virus from the computer’s operating system. This software is beneficial as viruses can have a long-term damaging effect on the computer’s operating system, resulting in users losing their data. The problem occurs when users encounter situations like Norton Antivirus not working. It can be a dilemma to resolve such issues, but you can find the right solutions in this blog.
STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT NORTON ANTIVIRUS ISSUES
The most common problem that most users encounter is the software’s inability to run a scan to locate viruses on the computer system. This problem can be problematic as it will directly hinder the software’s ability to protect the computer from viruses, resulting in a bug or malware damaging the system. If you encounter Norton internet security scan not working, please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.
Restart The Computer
This problem typically transpires as a consequence of incomplete or failed updates. So the first step to fix it is to restart the computer.
● Close all the program currently running on your computer system
● Click on the Start button and choose the restart option
● Wait for the computer to restart
Once you finish restarting your computer, please move to the next step mentioned below to fix Norton Antivirus not working.
Download & Install The Norton Remove And Reinstall Tool
The second step involves uninstalling the Norton software on your computer and installing it again correctly. This step mainly helps resolve the issue as it re-established the connection between the device and the software. Please follow the steps below to carry out the uninstallation and installation process.
● First and foremost, please download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your computer
● On your computer, open the download folder by pressing the Control key and J key simultaneously
● Locate the NRnR icon here and double click it to open it
● The license agreement should open on your computer’s screen; click on Agree when it does
● Choose the Remove & Reinstall option
● Enter the product key to reinstall Norton internet security with product key on your computer
● Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your computer
After implementing the steps mentioned above, you can quickly resolve the problems with the Norton Antivirus software program. Please ensure that the installation finishes successfully this time, so these issues don’t occur again.
Created on Jun 28th 2021 05:51. Viewed 344 times.