How to Translate Languages through Your Phone’s Cameraby Edward Lewis consultant
While traveling to a foreign place, there are a lot of things that you might find it hard to read. It includes menus, street signs, pamphlets, and newspapers. Though, you get the option to option to enter each word in the Google Translate for translating or directly place the camera of your phone on the words. Its new update adds around 60 new languages, and you can convert approximately 88 styles wherever you want. The update also allows users to fetch the current language being translated, which is great if you encounter more than one language at the same time.
Other than this, you can also try importing a picture from the camera roll for translating the text. The translation is not perfect, but it is ideal for use overall. It is easy to use Google Translate on any of your smartphones. The process is thoroughly discussed below for you.
Translating text through the phone’s camera
You need to point your phones to the desired text section for translation. Follow these steps to use Google Translate on your phone:
1. Firstly, download the Google Translate app on your Android or iOS device if it is not already downloaded.
2. Then, tap on the dedicated Camera icon.
3. You will see the new camera features on the Google Translate app now. Touch the Continue option to keep going.
4. Select OK to let Google Translate app access your phone’s camera. For now, you will have to select this for continuing, but you get the option to change settings later on.
5. The in-app camera on your phone will be launched. Select the ideal languages from the top and point your camera at the text that you wish to translate.
6. Touch Pause translation option for getting the still frame of text to read easily.
7. Tap on Continue translation when you are all set to move on to the next set of words for translation.
Select the desired picture from the camera roll
1. Click the photo of the sign or text that you wish to translate.
2. Launch the installed Google Translate app on your phone and tap the dedicated Camera icon.
3. Then, touch the Import icon given in the bottom right section of the screen.
4. Open your camera roll and pick the photo from the camera roll for using.
5. Swipe through your finger for highlighting the desired text for translation.
Also, you can touch the Scan icon for snapping a photo and swipe the text through your finger for translation.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Aug 1st 2019 09:42. Viewed 114 times.