How to Transfer Photos from Your iPhone to a Computer?by Gerry Martin office setup
How to Transfer Photos from Your iPhone to a Computer?
Are your iPhone photos taking too much space? Do you want to move your precious pics to your computer to free some space for new images? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Higher resolution images can consume a lot of space in your device, especially if you have small storage iPhone such as 32GB one. If you like to record videos from your iPhone, then the recorded videos will consume lots of space in your device. In order to free a significant amount of space from your device, you must transfer images from your iPhone to a PC.
There are lots of ways to do that, such as using a USB cable and wireless methods such as using iCloud and Dropbox. The whole process takes only a few minutes from your busy day, but the free storage space will worth your hard work. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
How to Transfer iPhone Images to Your PC?
The method of moving photos from an iPhone to a Mac or Windows is slightly different. So no matter if you own a Mac or Windows PC, you will be able to transfer iPhone images to your computer. We are providing different methods for Mac and Windows.
How to Move Pictures from an iPhone to Mac
If you are using a Mac for storing your iPhone images, then you can follow the below steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a Lightning to USB cable like when you transfer your iPod music to your PC.
- The Photos app will trigger just after you connect the iPhone to your Mac. If it doesn’t open by itself, then open the program using your Launchpad, Application folder or either Dock.
- If your device seems to be unselected, then you can select it from the left side of the Photos app. The “Image Capture” app can also help you to easily import content from the iPhone to a folder on your Mac.
- On your Mac, open Photos and then press the “Import all new Items” button located on the top-right corner of the screen. You can also select specific images that you want to move to your Mac.
- You can also checkmark the box located next to the “Delete items after import.” It will remove images from your iPhone. This will free up significant space on your iPhone.
- To view what images have been copied to your Mac, click the Last Import option on your Mac.
How to Transfer Images from iPhone to Windows PC?
iPhone connects quiet easily with a Mac, but it also offers the same connectivity with a Windows-based computer. The whole process of copying images from iPhone to Windows is almost the same as on a Mac. Here’s how to do that in a Windows PC:
- Connect your iPhone to Windows computer via a 30-pin or Lightning cable.
- The Photos app will open by itself but if you don’t see the Photos app on your device then go to the Programs via Start Menu. You should unlock your iPhone before this step.
- Hit the Import option on the top-right side of your screen. Now select the photos that you want to send to your PC.
- Hit the Continue button located on the bottom-left corner of your device screen.
- Check the box saying “Delete imported items from Apple iPhone after importing” to delete the transferred images automatically from your iPhone. Then tap the “Import” blue button to start the transferring process.
Gerry Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Sep 24th 2019 08:27. Viewed 403 times.