How to Track User Devices on a Networkby Gerry Martin office setup
How to Track User Devices on a Network
Nowadays maintaining the networks is becoming difficult because everything may not get completed automatically, you have to do it manually. For maintaining the network, you need to track the user devices on a network. To complete this procedure, you need to follow the steps mentioned in this article.
How's how to track user devices on a Network
● Install the User Device Tracker
1. Execute the downloaded file to open the Orion Installer window.
2. After loading up the installing window, select the Lightweight installation menu.
3. Select where you want to download the tool by pressing on the Browse option.
4. Then, press on the Next button.
5. Ensure that the User Device Tracker option.
6. You need to choose the Products webpage.
7. Press on the Next button.
8. Let the app to execute the computer checks.
9. Then, accept the terms and conditions of installing the User Device Tracker.
10. Press on the Next button.
11. Now, the window will begin the downloading process of the User Device Tracker.
12. After that, start installing the tool.
13. Let the procedure to finish.
14. Press on the Next button.
15. After completing it, choose the Finish option.
● Discover your networks
1. After pressing on the Finish option, you will get the Orion web console menu on your default browsing application.
2. It is located on the Configuration window.
3. Now, you need to enter the password for the administrator.
4. Enter the password and after that, click on the Enter option.
5. Click on the Settings tab.
6. Press on the Network Discovery option.
7. For discovering the network, press on the Add New Discovery option.
8. After pressing on it, it will open the Network Sonar window.
9. Now, you will get the four options on the screen.
10. Enter the subnets and IP addresses.
11. Start using the Active Directory Domain Controller option.
12. Once you have entered it, press on the Next button.
13. By the Agents option, press on the Next button.
14. Press on the Next button.
15. It is located on the Virtualization and Config Mnagaments webpages.
16. By going to the SNMP webpage, in case you don't want to use the SNMPv3 community strings, press on the Next option.
17. If you use SNMP in any device, then press on the Add Credential option.
18. Click on the Windows option.
19. In case you want to turn on the WMI, press on the Add New Credential option.
20. After that, enter the important details.
21. Press on the Next option.
22. Select the WMI in case you want to discover the Windows devices.
23. Skip the "Manually set up monitoring after devices are discovered."
24. Press on the Next button.
25. You need to give a title to the Discovery Settings tab.
26. Press on the Next option.
27. Press on the Discover option.
28. It is provided on the Discovery Scheduling webpage.
● Add the discovered devices
1. Go to the Network Sonar window.
2. You will get the menu list of all the discovered devices,
3. Choose the devices which you wish to add.
4. After that, press on the Next option.
5. Choose the interface types which you wish to monitor.
6. Press on the Next option.
7. By going to the Ports webpage, choose the ports which you wish to monitor.
8. Press on the Next button.
9. Choose the types of the Volume and Application menu.
10. Press on the Next option.
11. Go through the devices which have been imported.
12. Press on the Import option.
13. After completing the importing procedure, press on the Finish option.
Gerry Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at .
Created on Sep 24th 2019 10:14. Viewed 366 times.