How to Take Care of Your Pure Silver Jewellery?by Ornate Jewels Pure Silver Jewellery Online Store India
Every woman is obsessed with her belongings, especially jewellery that she cherishes all her life. Even a scratch or a flaw makes to her possessions can give her nightmares. There is no denying the fact that silver jewellery needs extra care and attention if you want to retain the shine and quality of the pieces. However, the steps that you need to follow are quite simple and quick. So, here are a few tips that you must follow to keep your silver accessory new and tarnish-free:
Let’s start with how you must clean your silver jewellery so that it remains as new as ever for years. There are a few simple tips that you need to follow:
- You must have heard a lot about cleaning 925 sterling silver with toothpaste. Well, it’s time to forget that method, use baking soda and water instead. With so many chemicals, gel and whitening ingredients, toothpaste are no longer suitable for these valuable possessions. Make a paste using baking soda and water, apply it on a muslin cloth and clean gently.
- It can be challenging to find a soap which is free from additives but if you can, then use that soap along with water to clean your jewellery.
- Here is another effective cleaning method that you can use to manage tarnished accessory. Keep your jewellery in a cup half-filled with white vinegar and 2 tbsp of baking soda for a few hours, say 2-3. Rinse them and then let the pieces dry.
- If you think that the polish has faded off, then complete the cleaning process by giving the pieces for polishing. You can do this step yourself if you are familiar with the right method.
- Once you have cleaned the jewellery, it’s time to store them properly to keep the delicate pieces away from tarnishing and dust. Use separate boxes for different pieces and remember than those containers should be air-tight. You can also use zip-lock bags that are available easily in the market or buy jewellery bags from a store.
- Make sure that the storage place is away from direct sunlight and is cool and dark. Remember that excess heat, moisture and sunlight can lead to scratching and tarnishing.
- Clean the box with a soft cloth to remove the dust and any other harmful element. You can also use anti-tarnish strips to store the accessory.
- Never use paper, cardboard or cotton-filled box to store your pure silver jewellery as they have the traces of sulfur which is the cause of tarnishing.
- If you think that keeping your 925 sterling silver jewellery in a safe place for long will keep them protected and new, then you are absolutely wrong. Your skin’s natural oils have the ability to keep the accessory shiny and is one of the most easiest ways to prevent tarnish.
- When you are doing any household chores or cleaning task, then remove the jewellery before you start. The cleaning substance like chlorinated water, cleaners, rubber can lead to corrosion.
- While getting ready for a party or outing, the jewellery should be the last thing that you must wear. This will avoid the pieces to get in direct touch of lotion, hair or body spray, perfumes, etc.
More info: Ornatejewels
Created on Sep 19th 2019 07:56. Viewed 388 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.