How to Set Up the Two Factor Authentication for Gmail in the Outlookby Aida Martin Norton Setup
Setting up Outlook’s desktop version with the Gmail account is kind of tricky, but if it happens with straight steps, then it can be completed easily. If you are facing issues in setting up, then the first thing you should know that it is not happening because of the wrong password of the wrong address. It is happening because the authentication method is now a major requirement is you are setting up Outlook with Gmail.
Previously you might settle up the Outlook account with Gmail by the IMAP or the POP3 details with account password, but the situation has changed. It is not more like previous, now two-factor authentication is necessary. Now with the same password, you cannot access both platforms; you need to activate two-factor authentication and create a password for Gmail also. So if you don’t know the whole procedure of setting up both accounts together now, then follow this essential information.
How to Add Gmail Account with Two-Factor-Authenticator in the Outlook
Until you set up the Gmail account with two-factor with Outlook, you will not able be able to work with Outlook. so here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the “Google Account” to connect.
- Now “Sign in” with the Gmail account details.
- Look into the “Security” of account.
- Below the Sign in Google, you will find a “2-step verification” security option.
- Tap the button to “Get Started” with procedure.
- If asked, then “Confirm” your account. You can also choose another option for verification.
- Tap on “try it now” key.
- You will receive a notification and just tap “Yes” to allow for the verification.
- Add your “phone number” as a backup option.
- Tap on “Send” button.
- Enter the confirmation code.
- Press on “Next” button.
- Press on “Turn on” button.
Once you follow these steps, your two-factor authentication for Gmail will be complete, and now you can configure Outlook also.
Set Up the App Passwords in the Google Account
- Launch the Google Account.
- Enter the credentials to Sign in into the account.
- Tap on Security.
- Below “Sign in to Google” column, tap on “App Passwords” section.
- Confirm the Account.
- Try the drop-down process and choose the “Mail.”
- Try another drop-down section and choose “Windows Computer” selection.
- Tap on “Generate.”
- Now copy the password because you will need it to organize the Gmail account into Outlook.
- Tap “Done.”
Following these steps will let you set up the Gmail account into Outlook with the password and two-factor authentication.
Set Up the App Password into Outlook
Now to set up the two factor in Outlook, just follow these steps:
- Launch “Outlook.”
- Tap on “File.”
- Tap on “Info.”
- Below “Account Information” choose the “Add account” button.
- Verify your Gmail account address that you willing to add into two-factor authentication.
- Tap “Connect” button.
- Verify the recently generated password of the app into Google account.
- Tap “Connect.”
- Tap on “Done.”
Completing these steps will set up the Outlook with Gmail, and now you will be able to send and receive mails of your Gmail account by the app password.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on May 13th 2020 02:33. Viewed 139 times.