How to Set Up the Parental Control in Norton Internet Security?
by Jack Martin WEB EXPERT
Now-a-days, the online world has created a challenge for all the parents in the form of websites that might fluster an adult and thus, they all have become very much concerned about the safety of their child. To offer an ease to all the parents, Norton has introduced the feature of Parental Control within its product i.e. Norton Internet Security. The feature of Parental Control helps the parents to define the border lines of the online activities of their child, by selecting the websites and programs that could be accessed by their child. Today, in the below information, I am going to introduce the simplest method for setting up the Parental Control in the Norton Internet Security.
By following the stepwise procedures in the same order as detailed below, all the parents can set the parental control in the Norton Internet Security:
Step 1: Login as Supervisor:
First of all, the parents need to login to the Supervisor account as it allow the users to configure the kid-safe control settings as well as the internet settings. Follow the steps mentioned below to login to the Supervisor account:
(Important Note: If the parents try to set up the Parental Control without login to the Supervisor account then, the error messages will be displayed on the screen. Thus, it has been recommended to login to the Supervisor Account for turning on the parental control.)
- Firstly, select the icon of the Norton Internet Security from the taskbar, by right clicking on it.
- Now, select the “Account Login” option from the drop down menu.
- And then, click on “OK” button in the “Log On” window.
Step 2: Execute the Parental Control Wizard:
The setup of the Parental Control is handled by the parental control wizard. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below, after login to the Supervisor account:
- First and foremost, from the left panel of the Norton Internet Security user interface, click the “User Accounts” option.
- Now, tap the “Parental Control Wizard” link displayed at the upper-right corner of the user interface of the Norton Internet Security.
- On the next window, the users need to select whether to use the Windows account or to use the Norton Internet Security Accounts.
- After making the choice of account to be used (as per the convenience of the parents), click the “Next” option.
- Now, set a strong password for the Supervisor account to make it protected and then, type the same password again, to confirm it.
- After this, click the “Next” button.
- Now, the Create Accounts window will be displayed to the users.
- In this window, type the names of all the persons who all are sharing the same device.
- Also, specify the category of person whether the person should be treated as ‘Child’, ‘Teenager’, ‘Adult’, or ‘Supervisor’ from the drop-down list displayed next to the name box.
- Child: The child users will have the limited access to the internet and will not be able to change the settings of the account.
- Teenager: The teenager user will more
- Adult: The adult users will have the complete access to the internet but will be able to change the settings of own accounts instead of others’.
- Supervisor: The supervisor will have the complete authorities and full access to the internet. Apart from these, the user will be able to change the settings of the others’ account and enable/ disable the parental control.
- After this, click “OK” button and then, click the “Next” button.
- Now, type the password (as typed in step 5) for all the users of the device in the space provided and then, click the “Next” button.
- At last, click the “Finish” button.
Step 3: Turn On the Parental Control:
After setting the Parental Control, the users need to turn on or enable the Parental Control feature. To do so, follow the stepwise procedure detailed below:
- Launch the user interface of the Norton Internet Security.
- Now, select the menu icon (three vertical lines icon) displayed at the upper-left corner of the user interface.
- And then, from the drop-down menu, select the “Status & Settings” option.
- After this, tap the “Parental Control” option and then, toggle the button displayed in front of it for enabling the Parental Control.
If you face any difficulty while performing the aforementioned stepwise procedure of setting up the parental control in the Norton Internet Security then, you may call the Norton Customer Support on the Norton toll-free number, to get an instant support.
If you need any kind of help regarding office then visit norton.com/setup
Created on Mar 22nd 2018 00:28. Viewed 1,070 times.