How to Set Up File Sharing on Windows 10
by James B. software
You will find this procedure difficult, but it is not that much hard to share files and folders with the other users’ system in Windows 10. The users need to go through the steps mentioned below for sharing files and folders to others in Windows 10.
What are the Requirements for Sharing Files in Windows 10?
In case the users wish to go through the sharing procedure of files and folders on their PC with the other Windows 10 users PC, then they have to toggle on the “Network Discovery” and “File and Printer Sharing” button on the PC.
If the users wish to share files and folders, then they have to follow the steps given below:
• Go to the “Settings” option.
• Press on the “Network and Internet” button.
• After that, tap on the “Sharing” button.
• Choose the “Network type” which the users wish to go through the sharing files and folder procedure.
• If you have selected “Private Network” for sharing files and folder to the other user PC through the “Private Internet Network, then choose “Turn on Network Discovery.” Click on “Turn on File and printer sharing” button and after that, press on the “Save changes” option.
How to Share Files and Folders in Windows 10 Through Basic File Sharing?
Make a new folder on the PC; place a title for that folder and paste the entire files which the users wish to send to another user system.
Once you have made a new folder, go through the steps mentioned below to know how to Share Files and Folders in Windows 10 through Basic File Sharing:
• The users have to right-click on the “Files or Folders” they wish to share with the other user PC.
• Tap on the “Sharing” option located on the “Shared File properties” display.
• After that, press on the “Share” option.
• Tap on the pull-down menu to choose the “User” with whom they wish to sent files and folders.
• In case that selected user is not active, then enter the “User Name” and after that press on the “Add” option.
• Choose the “Sharing option” which the users permit the other user beneath the “Permission Level” window.
• Choose “Read” button, if they wish the other user for viewing and open the files and folders from the “Shared” file.
• In case they wish to permit the other user to customize and remove files and folders, then choose the “Read and Write” tab.
• Once they had chosen the preferred “Permission” option, then tap on the “Share” option.
• Save the “Network Path” in any place to use it for the “Shared” file.
• After that, tap on the “Done” button.
How to Share Files and Folders in Windows 10 Through Advanced Settings?
Go through the steps mentioned below for sharing files and folders on the PC with another system through Advanced Settings:
• The users need to right-click on the file which they wish to send.
• Press on the “Properties” window.
• Then, click on the “Sharing” option.
• After that, tap on the “Advanced Sharing” button.
• Verify “Share this folder” tab, place the limitations of sharing files for the users and after that tap on the “Permissions” button.
• The users can modify the “Permission” option for particular users.
• Tap on the “Apply” button.
• After that, click on the “Ok” button.
• Shut down the “Advanced Sharing” window.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
source : windows 10
Created on Mar 18th 2019 11:53. Viewed 1,035 times.