How to Remove OneDrive from Windowsby Edward Lewis consultant
OneDrive is amongst the most popular cloud storage services across the globe. While it comes with several benefits and advanced features, some people may not prefer to use it. Whatever the reason may be, if you wish to remove OneDrive from your Windows computer, then you can easily do so. Follow the steps given in the blog, and delete OneDrive from your system.
1. Hit the Windows + S keys simultaneously.
2. Now, the search bar shall launch at the lower left-hand side of the display.
3. Key in apps and features in the search field and hit enter.
4. Click on the first result under Best Match.
5. Now, navigate below and choose Microsoft OneDrive.
6. Hit the Uninstall button.
7. When the app gets removed, it will not be visible in the list.
1. Firstly, you have to launch the Charms bar. To do so, use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut.
2. Even though you can’t entirely uninstall OneDrive in Windows 8, it allows you to unlink the account for disabling the service.
3. Now, click on the Change PC Settings option.
4. Hit the OneDrive option.
5. From the list of options, select Sync Settings.
6. Toggle the Sync your settings on this computer option to Off position.
7. Go to the left pane and select File Storage.
8. Toggle the Save documents to OneDrive by default option to Off position.
9. After disabling auto-sync, you can proceed with the next step.
10. Go to the taskbar and locate the OneDrive icon.
11. Right-click on it.
12. Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
13. Go to Account.
14. Press the blue Unlink This PC option.
15. In the confirmation window, hit the Unlink account option.
1. Hit the Windows button located at the lower left-hand segment of the display.
2. Now the Start screen along with the search bar will open.
3. Enter the word programs in the search field.
4. Click on the best match.
5. Go through the list of programs, and select Microsoft OneDrive.
6. Hit the uninstall button.
7. When the app is removed, you will not be able to see it in the list of programs.
While removing OneDrive from Windows 10 and Windows 7 is pretty simple, it is rather tough to remove it in Windows 8. With the help of workaround, you will be able to unlink your account from OneDrive in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Edward Lewis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Edward has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Dec 27th 2018 13:04. Viewed 285 times.