How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock from iPadby Celine Williams Digital Marketing Expert Is your iCloud activation lock activated on your iPad? You should have the Apple ID details with you in case you wish to remove the Activation lock. There are two methods for doing so, and the first one is to contact the owner and ask about the Apple ID or by using iCloud. Just go through the instructions given below to remove iCloud Activation lock from an iPad.
Steps for Removing iCloud Activation Lock from an iPad
You will get only a few ways to delete the iCloud Activation Lock on the purchased iPad. You can do it easily in case you know the Apple email address and password which is used to set up the iPad. You can do this by contacting the owner of that iPad and asking for the login details. Go through the steps given below to remove iCloud Activation Lock from an iPad:
• First, you have to take the Apple email address and password from that user who had set up the iPad.
• Turn on the iPad and after it starts showing the Activation Lock window, type the official Apple email address and password.
• It is a procedure which permits the iPad to start booting up the system. After the main screen gets open on the iPad, then you can log out from the iCloud account. Here’s how:
Press on the “Settings” option, then iCloud and after that “Log Out” button in case you have iOS 10.2 and previous.
Click on the “Settings” option, then enter the name and after that, the “Log Out” button in case you have iOS 10.3 or later.
• You have to type the owner email address and password registered with the Apple ID.
• Go through the steps given below for some versions of the iOS working on an iPad:
Press on the “Sign Out” button and after that, click on the “Delete from My iPhone” option in case you have iOS 10.2 and previous.
Click on the “Turn Off” button in case you have iOS 10.3 or later.
This procedure will disable the “Find My iPad” and “iCloud Activation Lock” on an iPad.
• After that, remove any pending files and settings on an iPad by clicking on the “Settings” option.
• Press on the “General” option.
• Press on the “Reset” button.
• After that, click on the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
• You will get the iCloud Activation Lock window after restarting the iPad.
Steps for Removing iCloud Activation Lock Through iCloud
In case the owner of the iPad is not on the same location where you are, and the owner can’t unlock the iPad by entering the Activation Lock password, then you can delete iPad Activation lock through iCloud. Just follow the steps mentioned below to start the unlocking procedure:
• Open the www.icloud.com and log in to the Apple email address and password which will be used for activating the iPad and which had the iCloud Activation lock on it.
• Tap on the “Find My iPhone” option.
• Tap on the “All Devices” pull-down menu.
• Tap on that iPad which you wish to place the iCloud Activation Lock.
• Tap on the “Erase iPad” button.
• After that, press on the “Remove from Account” option.
• After completing the steps which are mentioned above, the iPad gets deleted from the user account, and the iCloud Activation Lock also gets removed from the iPad. Now, you have to start the iPad again, and you have to go through the set up procedure as same as you had purchased a new iPad. The activation lock is successfully deleted from the iPad, and you can start using the iPad.
Created on Apr 23rd 2019 02:04. Viewed 395 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.