How to Prevent Blocked Drains?by Shawn William Creative Writer
We want to live in our houses with ease and comfort. But imagine having to wake up to a clogged drain ahead of your office and kids school time. What a nightmare! But you can be saved from this situation if you follow some preventive methods to avoid clogged drain.
Plumbers are costly and time-consuming. Why wasting money and time on something when you can entirely avoid the situation by merely following ways to keep your home in good working condition. Here are some preventive measurements you can take to prevent blocked drains-
· If your kitchen sink does not have a garbage disposal, it is wise to avoid your food scraps going down the drain. Many sinks come with filters; try buying those, or you might use a separate filter to keep the leftovers from going down.
· If your kitchen washbasin has waste disposal, try to avoid putting in certain foods like thick and sticky items. Banana peels, coffee grounds, eggshells are like enemies for garbage disposal.
· Please think before you pour down anything in your kitchen sink. Food grease and oil might seem harmless, but those can stick to your pipe like gums and ultimately lead to a clogged drain. Throw these sticky items in a sealed container into your garbage can.
· Pouring down hot water through your drains every once in a while is another good idea to avoid blocked drains. Hot water helps to melt away greasy things that might have collected inside your pipes.
· Try using drain screens for unwanted things to go down your pipes, like soaps or any small items.
· Do not flush any other items other than the toilet paper and, of course, human waste to avoid blocking.
· There are many kinds of items available for keeping drains clean. Try using them from time to time.
Keeping your house functioning needs only a few tricks, but if you even fall into any more significant clogged drain situation, do not hesitate to call Blocked Drains Fixed Today.
Created on Mar 15th 2021 01:34. Viewed 39 times.