Harry Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Dongle with Computerby Selena Cass IT SUPPORTS
Some computers don’t support Bluetooth adaptor and so you have to connect your device by using USB Bluetooth dongle. The dongle will help your computer to connect with any types of devices without purchasing any extra hardware. A Bluetooth dongle is of small shape and plugs directly into your USB port on your PC.
The methods of connecting a Bluetooth dongle with the PC are:
- Set up the Dongle
- Purchase a Bluetooth dongle.
Search for a supportable USB Bluetooth adaptor with your specific operating system take an example of Window 10 or MacOS and purchase it.
- You will get Bluetooth adaptors in stores and online sites such as Amazon.
Search for a free USB port on your PC. You need to take an empty USB port which you can connect on your Bluetooth adaptor.
- If your PC supports oval shape USB-C ports instead of rectangular USB ports, then you have to purchase a USB-C adaptor for your PC.
Put the dongle into your PC. It should be fit properly into the free USB port.
- First put the USB-C end of the adapter into your PC, if you are using USB to USB-C adaptor after that put the Bluetooth dongle into the free end of the USB adaptor.
- Download any compulsory drivers.
In case Bluetooth dongle doesn’t work in your PC, it may be because you are using an old version. You can fix this issue by downloading a driver file, double-clicking to start installing it.
- From the Bluetooth adapter manufacturer’s site, you can download drivers, which is located under “Download,” “Drivers,” or “Support” column.
- Using Bluetooth on Windows
- Enable your Bluetooth item and put it in connecting mode.
Click the “On” button for your Bluetooth item, after that click the Bluetooth tab to put the item in connecting mode.
- In many cases, enabling your Bluetooth item will automatically put it in connecting mode.
- Go to the Start.
Tap the Windows logo on the left side of the display.
- Go to the Settings.
Press the gear-shaped symbol Setting icon in the left corner of the Start menu list.
- Press Devices.
You will get this on the top of the Settings screen.
- Press Add Bluetooth or another gadget.
You will find this at the top of the gadget screen. A pop-up menu will come.
- Be sure to check you are on the right button by pressing Bluetooth and other gadgets in the left side column of the screen, in case you don’t get this option.
- Tap Bluetooth.
It is located on the pop-up menu list. Your PC will start searching for Bluetooth items that are in connecting mode.
- Choose your item’s title.
Press the title of the item that you like to connect with your PC.
- Try to put it in the connecting mode again, if you don’t see your item’s title.
- Tap Pair.
It is on the right side of the selection around the item you like to connect. By doing this step, it will help the item to pair to your PC with Bluetooth.
- It will take 30 seconds for your item to connect with your PC.
Created on Dec 27th 2018 12:55. Viewed 166 times.