HOW TO OPEN A PRIMARY SCHOOL IN INDIAby Shri Educare Changing the Face of Education
“India has the potential and the caliber to sustain the global needs with its talent, what it requires only is the right mode of shaping and nurturing the talents and the skills.”
A school is a platform which offers a plethora of opportunities to talent and skills and helps the young learners to speak and voice out their skills efficiently.
With this post I want to draw your attention towards the steps involved in starting a school in India, so let’s read ahead…
- School Registration
You would be surprised to know that as per Indian laws, private organizations cannot open schools in India, just to ensure education does not happen solely for profit.
The schools in India must be in accordance with the Societies Act of 1860 or by a trust that has been organized as per the Public Trust Act of individual states.
A private entity willing to set up a school in India can also set up a company as prescribed by Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013.
- Land For School
To build an educational institute school’s governing body must attain a NOC from the concerned state’s Department of Education.
On the other hand, the purchase of land from the government- for the school- will require to procure a no-objection certificate referred to as the Essentiality Certificate (EC)- which is an essential document certifying the requirement of a institute in the particular zone, and must take it from the concerned state’s Department of Education.
The Department of Education (DOE) has the authority to take the decision for a school in a particular zone.
The construction must commence within 3 years of obtaining the certificate, failing to which the society has to apply for renewal. The society needs to obtain a “letter of sponsorship” from the DoE.
- School Affiliation
The affiliation for the school requires the Online application, which can be further submitted for the :
- Approval of Middle Class Syllabus/Affiliation or Switch Over upto Secondary level/ Upgradation or Switch Over to Senior Secondary level
- Additional Subjects, applicable in case of already CBSE affiliated Senior Secondary schools.
- Extension of Provisional Affiliation in case of already CBSE affiliated school upto Secondary / Senior Secondary level.
- For non switch over cases, a school has to first affiliate itself with CBSE upto Secondary stage and run class IX for a minimum period of one year then applying for Upgradation to Senior Secondary level.
- Affiliation fee has to be deposited by online banking/ debit card/credit card/NEFT.
- Last date for submission of application is 30th June, of the year in which class VII, IX, XI is proposed to be started.
- The classes must not be started without prior affiliation with the Board.
- For the Extension cases, the schools who have missed the deadline last year can apply this year with late fee.
- For schools (applying late) who submit their application in January the late fees is Rs 20000, however from 1 February the late fee will be Rs 100000.
Once this application is submitted, then an inspection committee comes to conducting the detailed inspection matching the norms and condition, and on being satisfied with the facilities school affiliation is granted.
- Documents And Licenses Required
Undeniably in India law takes its place when a school comes into existence. There must be a Memorandum of Association when society is formed along with a couple of more documents..
- Registration Certificate of Society – Societies Recognition Act, 1860
- Essentiality Certificate DoE
- Certificate of Recognition MCD/ DoE
- Certificate of Upgradation DoE
- Certificate of Affiliation CBSE
- Certificate of MCD MCD
- Affidavit of land purchase
- MCD/Development Authority of the Concerned State
- Site Plan of the Building/Sanctioned Building Plan approved by MCD/DDA
- Building Fitness Certificate MCD
- Health Certificate MCD
- Water Testing Report from the water board
- Completion Certificate DDA
- Duly approved Scheme of Management DoE
- No Loan Certificate against FD issued by the bank
- Permitted Certificate (in case of rented land) Landlord
- Documents To Be Submitted
- Memorandum of Association
- Affidavit of society members
- Copy of Reserve Fund for Rs. 2 lakhs from the bank
- An affidavit from management as per Delhi School Education Rules, 1973
- The undertaking of fees and other charges
- List of members of society with full details
- Details of land and building
- Project report of proposed school
- Experience of society/members in the field of education
- Scheme of Management
- Documents regarding ownership of land allotted to the school
- Auditor’s statement of account
- Staff statement as Performa
- Rates of fee and other fund charges
- Enrollment of students
These are the guidelines you have to follow and get your school infra and study pattern as per the needs of the users.
UFFF, too many documents to take care of L
I totally concur with you, that eventually there are a number of formalities, clearances, and certifications which must be a part of school opening process, and failing to either document would dump your dream of starting the school forever.
THEN WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???
Well, it is advisable to hire services of professional consultancy firm who has the expertise and the comprehensive knowledge/understanding of the subject matter and has a reliable name in the industry, which can be none other than Shri Educare Limited (SEL).
NOW YOU MUST BE WONDERING THAT WHY SEL???
So the very obvious reason suggests that SEL has the required expertise and the exposure of handling the need of the hour and would offer you the impeccable set of advisory/ consultancy services for your school concept.
Also, with Shri Educare Limited you can attain the expertise to set up the value enabled progressive institutions in the educational arena with the right guidance and the suggestions.
Then what are you waiting for???
Get in touch with SEL team today and give the reality wings to your school opening dream.
You can place your queries to Shri Educare Limited at:
+91 124 4529900
Source Link:- http://www.shrieducare.com/blog/how-to-open-a-primary-school-india/
Created on Jul 7th 2018 05:47. Viewed 768 times.