How To Obtain A SUGAM Preliminary Registration For Cosmetic Productsby Dolly K. Digital Marketing Executive
In a recent series of upgrades, CDSCO decided to shift the process of cosmetic product registration online. Obviously to keep pace with the digitization of most processes, the result was the inception of SUGAM portal.
It is an e-governance portal adopted by CDSCO to offer an online medium for registrations, licenses, NOC’s, permissions and approvals for cosmetic products and drugs.
This article will try to elaborate the preliminary cosmetic registration process through this online portal.
Why is registration required?
Manufacturing or importing cosmetics in India requires obtaining a valid registration and approval from CDSCO in compliance with the Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1945. A registration ensures that the applicant is complying with the pre-defined rules and guidelines which are deemed necessary by the authorities for ensuring the safety of consumers.
What is the preliminary registration process?
The registration process is quite simple and requires the user to fill out an online. Let’s learn about the step by step procedure:
● User has to visit the portal and click on the registration button.
● Fill out the necessary details and obtain a registration. A confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email.
● Once the email account has been verified, you may proceed with login and the application process
● Choose the type of application and specify your purpose. This will be followed by viewing an online application that has to be filled out properly.
● Upload the necessary documents and submit the completed application.
● Once the application has been submitted, the CDSCO officials review it and either approve or reject the application. Either way, a notification will be sent over to your email address.
Which documents are required for registration
In order to obtain a cosmetic product registration, the applicant has to submit several documents through the form (It may be a form 31/32 or 42/43 in case of cosmetics depending upon your requirements). The basic documents for submission include:
● ID proof of the applicant
● Power of Attorney(if application is being made through a corporate agent)
● Address proof and plan of manufacturing/import premises
● Composition details of the cosmetic
● Declaration by the applicant
Each specific kind of application requires a unique set of documents. For example, the number of documents required for manufacturing will differ from import.
Remember that this is just the preliminary registration and application process. The overall procedure is more elaborate and needs to be studied in detail.
Created on Jul 8th 2020 07:25. Viewed 161 times.