How to Locate Lost or Stolen Android Phoneby Isa Bella SEO Strategist
If you often forget things here and there and worry about losing your phone in any way, you must set up the tracking system before anything terrible happens. It is easy to find a lost or stolen phone if it is connected to the internet. All the associated tracking options are connected with Google. Hence it is necessary to have a dedicated Google account as well. Let's go through the whole finding process step by step.
Locating an Android phone using Google
Majority of Android smartphones consist of Find My Device, which was earlier known as Android Device Manager, already. It helps you with tracking the location of your phone. You can use your computer or someone's phone to check the last location of the device. It is necessary that your phone is set up, ideally to be found. If it is not set up in that way, things will not be easy for you.
Enabling Find My Device on Android device
The latest Android devices already feature the Find My Device option in the Settings app. If you can't find the same on your device, you can quickly download the app via Google Play Store and set it up. Finding an Android phone is more comfortable with this service. Follow these steps for activating Find My Device on Android:
- Visit the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Now, touch the Security & lock screen option and then Device administrators.
- Select Find My Device to see the checkmark in the dedicated checkbox.
- Check out the top left section of your display and tap on the back arrow button from there.
- Touch the back button one more time to visit the main Settings section.
- From the main Settings menu, choose the Location option.
- Toggle on the switch available next to Location at the top to enable it.
- Now, tap the Mode option and then touch High accuracy.
- Again, go to the top left section of the screen and tap on the back arrow button.
- Select the Google Location History option.
- You will see a switch right below Location History. Touch the switch for turning it on.
- In the same way, tap on the switch available next to your device for enabling.
Locating an Android phone using Google
To check the location of your Android phone, you need to sign in to your dedicated Google account from a PC or another smartphone. Once done, follow these steps:
- Open the dedicated web browser available on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Go to android.com/find.
- If not signed in, provide your email ID and associated password in demanded columns to access the service properly.
There are three options for choosing:
* First, you get the option to play a sound. Your phone will make a particular noise, even if it is on silent mode. If your phone is nearby, this option will be beneficial for you.
* Second, you get the option to secure your phone. The finder will not be able to access the home screen if you choose this option. This feature is convenient for those who don't use any code or pattern on their phone to unlock.
* Third, you get the option to erase the phone. It is perfect for you if you know that you can't get the phone back.
If you can't locate the phone through Find My Device, it means that your device is not connected with the internet. You can also try a few third-party tracking apps for finding your phone. A few notable names are Cerberus anti theft, Family Locator, Lost Android, Prey Anti Theft, and Where's My Droid!
Isabella is an Engineer turned writer who covers technological innovations and science. In addition to writing for her printer support blog and IT support services blogs, she has written tips and tricks, whitepapers, essays, and guides. Her favorite topics are brother printer, lexmark printer support, hp printer support, etc.
Source Article:- How to Locate Lost or Stolen Android Phone
Previous Article:- Tips For Word Processing Efficiency and Epson Ink Cartridges
Created on Jun 28th 2019 02:03. Viewed 257 times.