Yoast SEO plugin is the best WordPress plugin and offers a different set of tools to optimize the website.
The newcomers find it difficult to set up the Yoast SEO in a proper way in WordPress. In this blog, we will go through the complete Yoast SEO plugin set up that boost your website.
Before walk through the setup Yoast SEO plugin, we should know the features of it and why it is so important in the WordPress world.
Features of Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress
1. Change the post’s title and description on per post basis.
2. Focus keyword
3. Configuration of meta robots like follow, nofollow, noodp, noindex
4. Canonicalization on each post and page
5. Permalink cleanups
6. Configurable breadcrumbs
7. XML sitemap
8. .htaccess and robots.txt editor
9. Ability to verify Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools
10. A redirect option that helps redirect the page from one to another page.
11. Use multiple focus keywords
12. Internal linking suggestions
13. Free video tutorial for each feature of SEO plugin
Now, start to understand how to set up the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress
First thing, you have to do is to install the Yoast SEO plugin and activate it. After installation, you will notice a new item in the left sidebar with Yoast SEO logo on it. You have installed and activate the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress.
Hit on the SEO icon, you will get a dropdown menu with general setting, search appearance, search console, social. Click on the general setting, and there you will notice a configuration wizard.
Created on Sep 15th 2019 11:16. Viewed 285 times.