How to Install Luxury Vinyl Tiles on Top of Ceramic Tile Floorby Sarah B. Marketing Writer | Thinker | Environmentalist
The best part of using luxury vinyl tile is its highly-desirable real-like wood-look. But there is more to it. The tile offers ease of installation, apart from stain resistance and unbelievable low price.
When we talk about ease of install, we must mention that luxury vinyl tiles can be installed on your existing floor surface. So, if you have ceramic tile floor at your home, and want to give your home a quick makeover, here is how you add a luxury vinyl tile floor on top of it –
- Decide what tile layout you would be following. This will include determining the direction and order of tile placement. Pro Tip: Place tiles parallel to the longest wall. It will make your room appeal larger.
- Measure the length and breadth of the room, and cut the tiles accordingly to achieve the perfect fit.
- Place tiles in rows. Start with placing the first row of tiles, and then start another row, moving towards the exit of the room.
- Do take care of vents, pipes, and cabinets while placing the tiles. Here also, you will need to cut and fit them as required.
- Vinyl tiles are soft, and there are several handheld tools that you can use to cut. Pro Tip: Rent or buy the best vinyl tile cutter to avoid wastage and save your time.
Created on Mar 2nd 2021 08:48. Viewed 136 times.