Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup | norton.com/setup .
How To Hide Apps On Android Deviceby Billy Mark Blogger
In order to keep your smartphone out of sight from other people and keep things private, you can hide apps. Hiding apps is very popular due to some privacy issues regarding a device or a computer system. It is very effortless to hide your applications on the Android smartphone. To know all the steps to hide apps on Android phone, follow these simple steps:
Hiding Apps by deactivating Pre- Installed Apps
- First of all, launch the “Settings” app.
- Click on the “Applications” tab. In case the setting menu contains any headings, hit the on the “Devices” title.
- Click on the “Application Manager” button to adjust its apps and to modify it.
- Hit on the “All” button.
- Now select the application you want to hide.
- Now you have to tap on the “Disable” option to hide it from your home screen. In case the application is not pre-installed, this selection might recommend you to uninstall it instead of hiding. You can look for your disabled app in the “Disabled” segment of the Apps bar.
Hiding Apps by App-Hiding Application
- Firstly, go to the Google Play Store and then tap to open it.
- Now touch at the search bar located at the top of your play store page.
- Type the name of any third party launcher app like “Apex Launcher” or “Nova Launcher” from the list of related choices.
- Touch on the “Go” option on your Android keyboard.
- Now you have to check the user’s review and choose a highly rated app before installing it on your smartphone. It is recommended to install a highly rated app as it’s always a good thing to use trusted apps.
- Now hit on the app that you have selected to download.
- Then you have to click on “Install” or “buy” button located at the upper right portion of the screen. In case the app isn’t costless, you may need to authenticate it.
- Now hit on the “Accept” button if the prompt comes. After this action, the app downloading process will start.
- Once the process of downloading completes, you have to hit on the “Open” option from the two options available in the Play Store. You are free to launch the same app from your app drawer.
- Now follow up all the steps available on the application’s on-screen window. The process of the launcher app is different as per the app.
- If you have installed a Nova launcher, then go to the “App & Widget Drawers” option and then on “Hide Apps.” Now check the app you have hidden.
- In the case of Apex launcher, you need to hit on the “Apex Settings.” Then hit on the “Drawer Settings,” next tap on “Hidden Apps.”
- Now shut the launcher app. You can see that your selected apps are now hidden.
Created on Sep 20th 2019 00:24. Viewed 188 times.