How to Get an Armed Security License?by Executive Protection Institute EPI was founded in 1978
Being a bodyguard is a high paying, reputed job in the security industry. Bodyguards are responsible for providing security to their high-profile clients, including politicians, celebrities, or business executives from threatening situations. So, they are required to carry a gun to defend their clients from threats. But, getting an armed guard card is essential to carry a firearm. The procedure to get an armed security license varies from state to state.
Therefore, if you don’t know how to get an armed security license, here are five steps that will help you get an armed security license.
- You must be a US citizen who meets the minimum age according to your state’s requirements. In many cases, you must be over the age of 18 to work as an armed security officer.
- You must have no criminal background.
- You must enroll in a complete private security training course approved by your state as firearm training, which varies from state to state. This training is essential to getting the armed security card.
- You must take your state-approved campus-based firearms training course. After completing the course, you will be eligible for a weapons permit that will enable you to carry a weapon legally.
- You must complete a firearm security officer registration application and then submit it to your state’s public safety department. After completing the application process, you will be awarded an armed guard license.
So, these are five requirements to achieve an armed security license as a bodyguard. As a bodyguard, you could have to perform various duties. So, you need to prepare for everything with security driving and handgun training courses. For that, you need to get in touch with a reputable security training institute to know how to handle and maintain weapons and how to drive expertly while protecting your clients from threats.
Created on Nov 15th 2019 05:32. Viewed 181 times.