How To Fix Windows Update If It Doesn’t Work Properly?
by Nishant Gujjar SEO Executive
Computers are so useful these days that almost every person has it with them. The Windows update is a significant section of it. Most of the people perform Windows updates by checking it by themselves and then going for it, but there are also some who make the system perform significant updates by itself only.
Top 7 ways to fix Windows updates problem
- Use the combination of Ctrl+Alt+Delete
It can be possible that you started your Windows update work but at the middle of it, encountered a problem while installing the Windows update. In such cases, you should follow the given instructions-
- Firstly, press the combination of Ctrl+Alt+Delete and get back ‘Windows sign in’ on your display.
- After this, just log in.
- Lastly, let the updating work get fully completed.
- Perform a restart
Restarting the system may fix the update issue. Here’s how you can do so:
- You should restart your system by using power key which is situated on the keyboard.
- In simple words, it means switching your system off and then on with the power key.
- This is also known as ‘hard reboot’. It should be done at the time you get stuck in the middle of Windows update.
- Check your system’s storage
The primary reason can be that your device’s storage area is full.
- So delete unnecessary files as soon as possible.
- Conduct a System Restore
System Restore is done to prevent the modification by the installation that got stopped in the middle of the installation of the Windows updates.
- Remember to do this from Safe Mode only.
- Go for ‘automatic’ repair
- In Windows 8 and Windows 10- Check out a ‘Startup Repair’ or ‘Reset’ the system.
- In Windows XP- Go for reinstalling
- Clean installation of Windows
Clean installation of windows means entirely removing the drive that Windows has installed and then downloading Windows right from the beginning on that drive itself. People generally think that again installing the Windows will only waste their time and not solve their problem but in reality, it does work out some of the times. This step is easy to do as well. So just perform a clean reinstall and check if your problem has been resolved.
An older version of BIOS too can create problems for you. It is better to update the BIOS time to time.
Charlie Noah is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David Smith has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Feb 1st 2019 13:13. Viewed 364 times.