How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024a000 on Windows 10
by Lucia Mandela software
The error code 0x8024a000 arises on the system when we wish to update your Window to the latest edition by navigating the site of Microsoft. Thus, it is clear that it’s the update error and one of the annoying issues that flash on the computer.Updating Windows to the latest edition removes various bugs and minor issues, including viruses and Malwarebytes.
Source: How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024a000 on Windows 10
In case you are also annoyed by the error code 0x8024a000, that is related to Windows update, then this blog is for you. We will guide you on how to troubleshoot and remove this error code from your device and its possible reasons.
Pursue these instructions to know the possible reasons behind the issue and how to fix this is very simple and potential fixing methods:
Reasons for Arising the Error Code 0x8024a000
There are multiple reasons for this error issue as these flashes in the system screen just when we try to update the system with the available and latest window update. One of the occurring culprits behind this issue is poor Internet Connectivity. When the internet connection fails to connect the update server with your PC, it crashes in the mid of the process and thus flashes 0x8024a000 error code. It means that you are engulfed in the update error.
There are other possible and predicted reasons, such as corrupted driver, hardware issues, or infected device panel or system data. Various harmful viruses and malware-type might infect it.
If you want to fix the issue, then continue reading the whole article to gain the benefit of these top advises:
Remove Corrupted Cords, Modems, and Router
First and foremost, check your connection cord and power cable and make sure that the cords are working properly. You can check them by connecting it to any other device. If the cables are OK and running perfectly, then move towards the Routers and Modem. Check both the equipment and make sure that these are working fine.
Note: You have to restart the router and modem to ensure that you are not experiencing a single glitch in them.
Performing Antivirus Scanning Procedure
- This method guides you on how to run a reliable antivirus program to remove inferior and harmful elements from the device. To do so, first of all, you have to download the authenticated and reliable antivirus product.
- Then, run the scanner for some time to detect the viruses and malware on your device. If any found, then remove them instantly to ensure smooth device functioning.
- After that, check for other malicious elements such as viruses on the website of Microsoft. (If you are downloading the program through Microsoft).
Note: It is recommended to remove all the available and suspected applications and programs that might contain harmful viruses and spyware on your device.
- Finally, you have to reboot the device for the smooth functioning of your system.
Running Windows Update Troubleshooting Tool
- In the beginning, hit the Search section and then enter “troubleshooting” into it.
- After that, hit the Troubleshooting option from the available listing.
- Now, navigate to the left-hand side panel and then hit the tab “View All.”
- Then, hit the tab “Start” there.
- Next, tap on the Settings option.
- Press the option “Security and Update.”
- Then, hit the Troubleshoot option there.
- After that, choose the Windows Update option by navigating the problem listing.
- Then, abide by all the displaying instructions and reply to the changes where necessary.
- Wait for some time for the Troubleshooter to perform its operation completely.
- Finally, hit the restart option to reboot your system in order to save the changes that you have made during troubleshooting operation.
Becky Losby is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Apr 8th 2020 02:56. Viewed 240 times.