How to Fix Windows 10 Update Errorby Rdx Tango Get complete real-time protection and safeguard yo
“0x80240fff” is a common error that arises on your system running on Windows 10. It usually occurs when you try to update your software to the latest version. This error is also known as “Update Error” that restricts the user from availing new features after performing system update operation.
This updated issue can also be caused due to having infected or harmful malware or bugs on your device. When you try to install a particular update through the “Settings” application, then you will find this unexpected update error.
Here is how to troubleshoot this error code by abiding some of the necessary steps and procedures.
Reasons for Arising this Update Error Coe”0x80240fff.”
Usually, this error code is arising due to bugs and viruses, bad network connection, update services out of order, and if you are using an old edition of the software. These reasons are most common among a number of users who face difficulties in updating their Software.
Follow the under mentioned steps to fix this error issue:
Running the “Windows Update Troubleshooter”
- First of all, tap the “Window” symbol and “I” key simultaneously from your keyboard. It will expand your “Windows Settings” page.
- After that, hit the “Update and Security” option, thereby navigating the application interface.
- Now, hit the “Troubleshoot” option located at the left-hand portion of your screen.
- Then, go to the “Windows Update” tab located at the right side section.
- Next, tap the “Run the Troubleshooter” tab there.
- After that, wait for a little for the scanning process to complete and stay awaited for the scanning results to appear.
- Once all the above steps complete, restart your system for the changes to save.
Note: Check that you are properly connected to the Wi-Fi or strong net connectivity.
Postponing the System Update Task
For fixing the issue to some extent, it is recommended to postpone your system update on Windows 10. It helps you to know the merits and demerits of the particular update that supports you to fix this issue temporarily. You can do it by using various ways like “Registry Editor” and “Settings.”
Fixing Issue by Using “Settings”
- Firstly, go to the “Start” icon and right-click on it.
- Then, select the “cog” icon there.
- Navigate to the “Settings” application and then choose the “Update and Security” option there.
- Go to the right-hand side section and then tap “Advanced options.”
- Now, navigate to the panel, “Choose when updates are installed.” Tap the “pull drop menu located just below the “feature update” option and then tap the postpone numeric value.
- After that, hit the pull drop menu located under “quality updates.”
- Now, select the postpone duration (in days.)
Fixing Issue by Using “Policy Editor”
You can use “gpedit.msc,” if you are unable to find the above option under “Settings.” Follow these steps to use “gpedit” method:
- First of all, you have to enter “gpedit” into the provided search bar and then choose the “Edit group policy” option from the given result.
- When you get into the policy editor, go to the following command:
“Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components => Windows Update => Windows Update for Business.”
- Locate the policy “Feature Update and Preview Builds” and double-tap it after that hit the “Enabled” tab there.
- Now, go to the readiness level and enter the postpone period, followed by “OK.”
- Next, perform a double click on the option indicated for quality updates.
- Then, navigate to the “Properties” box and tap on the “Enabled” option.
- After that, hit the tab “Apply” and press “OK.”
Troubleshooting Issue by Using “Media Creation Tool”
If you become annoyed by updating error issues, one of the popular methods to update your Windows 10 is the “Media Creation Tool.” It helps in the proper installation of your Windows 10 on your system.
Follow these steps if you wish to apply “Media Creation Tool” on your device:
- First of all, open any of your desired web browsers and go to the official site of “Microsoft.”
- After that, hit the “Download Tool” button just beneath the option of installation media.
- Now, hit the “Accept” button for abiding by agreements of creation’s tool.
- After some time, an executable file will appear on your screen. Then double click the file for running it.
- Next, select the option for another PC installation option situated just above the Utility pop-out.
- Now, tap the “ISO” file in the upcoming page and tap the “Next” button so that the downloads start.
- When it gets completed, burn the file to the disk and then try to run it. It will definitely troubleshoot the update error issue.
Rdx Tango is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding avast.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Jan 31st 2020 01:56. Viewed 188 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.