How To Fix Webcam Not Working Problem On Windows 10?by Edward Lewis consultant
A webcam is essential for video calling. Many of the times, a webcam stops working. It is not a big issue. This problem can be solved easily so don’t panic. At the same time, mark that Windows 10 consists of an option that can turn off the webcam in every app.
Go through Windows Camera Options
Luckily, from the Settings, you can turn off webcam in every app of Windows 10. Note that if you switch off your webcam from the Settings itself, then the desktop apps will also not be able to use it any of the ways.
To fix your webcam and make it work like earlier, do the following:
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, click on Privacy.
- After that, press on Camera.
- Make sure on top it says that the ‘Camera access for this device is on.’
Note: If by chance, it shows that the ‘Camera access is off,’ then press on the ‘Change’ option and turn it ‘On.’
- Immediately below that, make sure that ‘Allow apps to access your camera’ is turned ‘On.’ If it is switched Off, then none of the applications on your device can use the camera. Only the Windows OS shall get to use the camera for options like Windows Hello.
- Below ‘Choose which apps can access your camera’ make sure that the application that wished to use the camera is not named over there and switched ‘Off.’ If it is, then turn in ‘On.’
Make sure that your Webcam is not turned off in some other way
- If earlier, you have turned off the webcam from the ‘BIOS or UEFI’ firmware settings on your device, then this is the perfect time to switch it on.
- It can even be possible to enable the webcam in Windows 10 from Device Manager.
Download or update webcam drivers
You might know that Windows generally tries to download the device drivers as soon as you connect any device to it. But sometimes, this doesn’t happen. In such cases, you require to do it with the help of webcam maker’s websites.
- If you have older installed drivers, then visit the webcam maker’s website.
- After that install newer driver collection to update the system drivers.
- Fortunately, your webcam maker’s website may also offer you some ways by which you can make your webcam work.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 13:00. Viewed 216 times.