How to Fix Start Menu Critical Error in Windows 10?by James B. software
As we know, there are lots of bugs or errors on the Windows system. If you are encountering one such as Start Menu Critical issue, then don’t worry. For that, users will need to pursue the given instructions and overcome the hassle in the flick of seconds. Make sure to follow the steps properly; otherwise, you will end up losing your data.
Method 1: Reboot the Windows System
Fortunately, users can solve such errors only by rebooting their Windows operating system. So, follow the underneath step to know how you can do it:
- Click the Alt + F4 button together on your console.
- On the Shutdown pane, click on the Restart option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the Ok button to confirm the changes.
- With this, you have initiated the rebooting process on the Windows PC.
Method 2: Use SFC /Scannow Command
Most of the time, the main reason behind such a Start menu issue is faulty or corrupted files. That’s why it is highly recommended to allocate the utility system file option to eradicate the hassle in the blink of an eye. Here is how you can fix it:
- Tap on the Taskbar Search button.
- Enter the command, “cmd.exe.
- From the following result, choose the best match.
- If prompts pop up, click Yes to Run as Administrator.
- On the succeeding window, insert “sfc /scannow” command.
- Hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Now, wait for a while until the process wraps up.
- After that, fill DISM \ Online \ Cleanup-picture \ RestoreHealth command.
- With this, the system can download fresh and compatible image files.
- Once done, restart your system.
Method 3: Uninstall Third-party Antivirus Software
Third-party antivirus software can create problems with several Windows systems. So, it is better to disable them on a temporary basis. For that, here are necessary steps that you can use in order to overcome the problem in no time.
- Right-tap on the Start icon.
- Then, select the Run option from the Power User Menu.
- On the following page, enter appwiz.cpl into the required box.
- Tap on Ok to apply the changes.
- Go to the Programs and Features option.
- Now, search for the third-party antivirus software.
- Once located, tap on the best match.
- Right-click on it and choose the Uninstall button.
- At last, follow the remaining steps and remove it properly.
Method 4: Use a New User Account
Due to some unexpected changes, it is better to shift into the new user account. In case you do not know how to create one, then there is no need to be fret. Check out the given steps to learn the process with ease.
- First and foremost, right-tap on the Taskbar Search box.
- Type Task Manager and click on the best match.
- On the succeeding window, choose More details and proceed.
- After that, tap on the File option.
- Click on Run New Task icon.
- On the following pane, insert PowerShell into the box.
- Tap on “Create this task with administrative privileges” box.
- Press on Ok and continue.
- Fill the “Net User Username Password /add” command.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Lastly, restart the Windows system and continue.
Ava Williams is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
|Source : Critical Error in Windows 10|
Created on Feb 3rd 2020 12:06. Viewed 134 times.