How to Fix Skype Can’t Access the Sound Card Error?
by Devin Smith seo
Skype is famous for its audio and video functionality, but this is only possible that you have installed a sound card on your system. Some Skype users have recently reported that the Skype app is unable to access the system’s microphone. If you are experiencing something similar, then you should follow the instructions given below to solve this issue.
Permit Programs to Enter the PC Sound System on Windows 8 and Earlier
- First of all, you have to shut the Skype application on your system.
- After that, select the Windows logo and input the ‘control panel’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- After launch the Control Panel screen, click on the Hardware and Sound tab from the left-hand side panel.
- Go to the shown options and click on the Sound option.
- Reach the Recording section, situated at the upper left and side of the window.
- It will disclose to you the using microphone type.
- Select the shown Microphone option and click on the Properties option that is under the microphone button.
- Navigate to the shown screen and reach the base of the window and find the Device option from the drop-down.
- You should click on the ‘Use this device’ option.
- Then move up and reach the right side to find the Advanced tab.
- After that, find the Exclusive mode.
- Beneath the Exclusive mode, find the box of ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ and untick it.
- Also, untick the box of ‘Give exclusive mode applications priority.’
- You have to choose the Apply button to apply the changes.
- Then redo the procedures for the device of Speakers and shut the screen.
- Now, relaunch the Skype and look whether Skype cannot enter the sound card error still continues.
Permit Programs to Enter the PC Sound System on Windows 10
- Firstly, shut the Skype application on your system.
- After that, reach the Windows logo to launch the Search section.
- Then input ‘settings’ into it and Enter key to open the Settings.
- You should find the Privacy option and select it.
- Thereafter, find the App permissions by the left-hand side panel of the window and select it.
- You should find the Microphone option and select it.
- Then look whether the prompt option of ‘Allow access to the microphone on this device’ is enabled.
- Otherwise, switch the toggle to enable it.
- You should find the Allow applications to enter the microphone and adjust it to On.
- Later find the Skype option beneath the Installed application, switch the toggle to On.
- Now, reopen Skype and look at whether the error still persists.
Created on May 1st 2020 00:08. Viewed 146 times.