How to Fix QuickBooks Won't Open Issue?by John Luther Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
It is not uncommon for a QuickBooks user to face QuickBooks won't open issue. A user may find that QuickBooks Desktop is not starting or is only partially appearing.
There are a number of reasons that can cause QuickBooks not opening issue. Some of them are given below –
- Hard disk is corrupted.
- Operating system is obsolete.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not properly installed.
- A QuickBooks file is missing.
How to resolve QuickBooks won't open issue?
If you click your QuickBooks Desktop icon multiple times, QuickBooks will not open. So, be sure to allow sufficient time for QuickBooks to load before continuing. Below are given several solutions that you can follow to fix QuickBooks not opening problem and get back to focusing on your business.
Download and use QBRefresher Tool
QuickBooks processes running in the background can get stuck. QBRefresher Tool helps you end these QuickBooks processes, and performs a mini-repair to ensure that things are in proper order. Run the tool and then check whether QuickBooks will not open.
Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application
In case there is damage with your company file, first you need to make sure the QuickBooks program itself is working. QuickBooks may be trying to open your previous company, so it's important to isolate if the program or your company file is working. Follow these steps -
- Press and hold the Ctrl key, then double-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon. Do not release the Ctrl key until you see the No Company Open window, unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error.
- Select a company file, then choose Open.
Restart your computer
Restart your computer to clear processes and temporary data that may be hogging your system resources. Try to open QuickBooks after restarting.
Run the QBInstall Tool
Download and run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) to fix errors that you may receive when opening QuickBooks Desktop. Follow these steps –
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs, then run the QBInstall Tool. It may take up to twenty minutes to complete, depending on your internet speed and computers' performance.
- Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Now, check for QuickBooks won't open issue.
Repair your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
Run a repair to replace all damaged installation files.
Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If all else fails, performing a clean install can help. Reinstalling your QuickBooks this way moves the installation and program files into new folders, but still in the same default location.
QuickBooks won't open issue should get fixed by applying the above solutions. But, if you are unable to troubleshoot this issue or any other issue with QuickBooks accounting software, feel free to call at Accountant Squad’s QuickBooks Support Number 1-888-502-0363 for getting instant technical support.
Created on Apr 17th 2019 02:46. Viewed 687 times.