How to fix QuickBooks error code H505?by Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Want to know the procedure to get rid of the QuickBooks error code H505? Well, if that is the case, then make sure to read the post till the end. This error basically belongs to the H series error code. This error can be seen when the user tries to access a company file that is not located on your computer. It indicates that the company file needs an additional configuration. Problem H505 belongs to the multi-user mode issue that is caused when something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server. To know more about QuickBooks Error code H505, make sure to read the post till the end. The user can also get in touch with our experts at +1-844-521-0490and let them tackle the issue.
What are the possible causes of error code H505?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the major reasons can be when the network data is damaged and prevents the software from accessing the server
- Another reason can be if the database server manager is turned off
- The user can also face a similar issue if the software fails to communicate with the company file that is located on the server due to incorrect hosting configuration settings
- Incorrect DNS settings are also one of the apparent reasons behind the error.
- Restrictive Firewall settings preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server can also lead to such an error
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code H505
The user can try performing the below-stated set of steps related to creating a new .qbw company file in multi-user mode to get rid of such an error.
- Before starting note that if there is a server issue, then the user needs to check if the company file is having a problem or not
- After that create a new folder on the host computer and then enable the full access permissions.
- Now, the user needs to make a .qbw file in the multi-user mode
- Once done with that, the user needs to check if he/she can access the company file from all the workstations across the network
- The above steps are expected to rectify the issue up to a certain extent
Still facing the same issue? Well, if that is the case, then make sure to connect with our tech team at +1-844-521-0490 and ask them to perform the necessary steps to get rid of such an error. In case the user needs our assistance, then our technically sound QuickBooks Support experts will ensure to provide immediate support services.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Created on May 31st 2022 04:28. Viewed 44 times.