How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123, 0?by Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
QuickBooks error 6123, 0 is seen at the time of upgrading a
company file in QuickBooks desktop. The user might also stumble upon such an
error while trying to restore a backup. Such an error is usually seen with an
error message stating “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been
lost”. The user also ends up in such an error when trying to open a company
file over a network in multi-user environment or when the user is upgrading a
company file to a new version of QuickBooks.
In this post, we will be talking about the ways in which one can fix the QuickBooks error code 6123, 0. Thus, make sure that you read the post carefully till the end. The user can also get in touch with our accounting professionals at 1-844-521-0490, and let them fix the error on your behalf.
Causes to QuickBooks error 6123, 0
The user can end up in QuickBooks error 6123, 0 due to the following factors:
- In case the QuickBooks data files or program files are damaged or corrupted
- Or if the block web bugs filter option is opted in McAfee antivirus
- Also, if the firewall security is blocking a port which is important to communicate with the server hosting the company file
- The user can also face such an error if the windows operating system is damaged
- Or if there are multiple versions of QuickBooks database service are running
- The system name on the system hosting the QuickBooks file was changed at the time the hosting was turned on
Steps to get rid of the QuickBooks
Error Code 6123, 0 While Opening Company File
In order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6123, 0, the user is supposed to reinstall the QuickBooks application. The most important point is that one should have the product and license information before moving to the steps ahead. Let us check out the steps involved in the process to fix the issue:
- At first, the user is required to uninstall the currently running QuickBooks software from the control panel tab
- Once done with that, he/she is supposed to download QuickBooks variant that the user would like to utilize on the system or use the QuickBooks installation CD
- Now, make sure to install the QuickBooks software in normal mode
- The next step is to enter the product ID and license number
- Followed by entering the credentials that were used for registering and activating QuickBooks
- The last step to be performed is to try opening the company file
The user can easily get rid of the QuickBooks error 6123, 0 by carrying out the steps listed above. However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble you, then do not hesitate in calling us at our QuickBooks enterprise tech support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490, and our team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
Created on Jan 20th 2021 04:29. Viewed 97 times.