How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn't Start Issue – Support & Tipsby Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
If after clicking the QuickBooks shortcut icon on your desktop screen or clicking the QuickBooks file does not open up your QuickBooks or just partially appears, then you have arrived on the right place. We will guide you through complete troubleshooting for such situations. There are a number of issues that can prevent QuickBooks Desktop Doesn't Start from opening or maybe you are just trying too hard and a simple restart can resolve the issue.
Method 1: Close QuickBooks Processes
There are instances when some QuickBooks Related processes remain active in the background even when we are not working in the QuickBooks, shutting down these processes, and re-starting the program may resolve the problem.
- Type-in Task Manager in the windows search box, and open the Task Manager program.
- Click the Processes tab in the task manager and look for the **QBW32.exe**
- Select the QBW32.exe process and end it by clicking on the end process.
Method 2: **Force close the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
Sometimes the QuickBooks program is fine and the damage is done in the QuickBooks company file, in such cases we need to make sure that QuickBooks program itself is working. It may be possible that QuickBooks is trying to open up your previous damaged company file, so it is important to isolate the two.
- Open option for the QuickBooks icon on the desktop, press and hold the Ctrl key and click open option from the drop down menu. Keep a hold on the Ctrl key until you have the 'No Company Open' window.
- You can now try opening the QuickBooks company file.
Method 3: **Run the QBInstall tool.
One can always download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix almost every error that appears while opening up the QuickBooks program.
- Download QBInstall Tool.
- After the download is complete, save the file to desktop.
- Close all the programs before proceeding, and then run the QBInstall tool.
- To ensure all the programs components are working properly, please restart your computer once.
Method 4: Reinstalling the Program.
- Uninstalling and installing the program can do justice to all the damaged files that are restricting the QuickBooks from starting. It is a bit technical part but don't worry we have got your back.
If all else fails and you have tried all above methods but still struck on the same problem, we here at www.proaccountantadvisor.com are always there to help you out, day-in and day-out. All you have to do is just give us a call on our dedicated QuickBooks Support Customer Service Helpline --1(800) 880-6389 and we will be more than happy to help you out all your problems and queries.
Created on Jun 25th 2018 17:55. Viewed 223 times.