How to Fix Microsoft Office (2013 or 2016) Error 1321?by Ellie Williams Web Designer
Microsoft Office is one of the commonly used software being used by the computer users across the world. The Office is a complete package that further includes Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, InfoPath, Groove and other applications. From simple to complex, a user can do a lot of tasks using Office applications. At present, Microsoft Office is available in different versions that are compatible with Windows and MacOS. One can purchase any Office suite depending upon their need as well as the particular specifications of their computer system, tablet, laptop, and even a mobile phone. To use Microsoft Office applications, one needs to download, install and then activate it to their device. For purchase, you choose from two options:
- Offline from a retail store
- Online from Microsoft Official website
Once you purchase, you need to follow the other three processes, i.e. download, installation and activation. While doing so, a user may encounter an error 1321 with a message “Setup Cannot Modify the File”. This error occurs while attempting to install MS Office 2013 or 2016. Without troubleshooting the error, you can proceed. Thankfully, this can be done by following some simple steps that have been mentioned below:
- Use File Explorer to navigate and right-click the folder where you are installing MS Office
- Select Properties
- Uncheck the Read Only box
- Choose the Advanced button
- Make sure the box in front of Encrypt Contents to Secure Data is not checked (the option is available under Advanced Attributes tab)
- Hit OK and then select Security tab
- Choose the Edit button
- Make sure that Everyone is selected and if not, click Add and then type Everyone group to the list
- Choose OK two times
- Now, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
- Right-click the Office folder and select Properties
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 in the Office folder
- Close all the running applications and try installing the Microsoft Office again!
If you are still unable to install MS Office 2013 or 2016, then contact the office.com/setup ,www.office.com/setup team and fix this issue without any trouble. You can call them anytime as they work 24*7.
Created on Sep 7th 2017 04:07. Viewed 564 times.