How to Fix Error Code 0x80070015 on Windows 10by Devin Smith seo
“0x80070015” is a stop error that restricts you from performing or running a particular task. It can also arise when you try to download Windows 10 updates, install applications from MS Store and scan malware or viruses. It’s a programming issue that arises from internal programming functions.
There are various solutions to troubleshoot this error issue depending on the situation and type of method and tips.
Here, we are going to provide various troubleshooting steps. Follow them to know how to fix error 0x80070015:
Troubleshooting Error Issue by Using “Update Troubleshooter”
It’s a built-in program and scans for the right cause and removes them. Follow these steps if you wish to run the troubleshooter:
- First of all, tap “Window + I” keys from your keyboard simultaneously and hit the “Update and Security” option there.
- Navigate to the left-hand side panel and then tap on the “Troubleshoot” option there.
- Go to the right-hand side panel and search for the option “Windows Update.” if found, hit the update option from the available tray.
- Now, tap the option “Run as Administrator.”
- After that, wait for a while and let your device to detect any harmful thing that exists on the system.
Resetting Windows Update Tool
It is recommended to reset the update tool manually by wiping off the distribution folder and by resetting “Catroot2.”
Follow these steps to reset “Windows Update Tool” :
- First of all, hit the search bar to activate and then enter “cmd.exe” in the provided space.
- After that, hit the tab “Run as Administrator,” once the Command Prompt appears in the resulting option.
- Now, hit the “Yes” tab.
- Then, type the under-mentioned path into the command page:
“net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptic
net stop bits
net stop msiserver”
“ren C: \ Windows\ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C: \ Windows\ System32 \ catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver.”
- After typing these commands, navigate to “Windows Settings” and then hit the “Security and Option” button.
- Finally, tap the “Check for Updates” tab to check whether the issue still exists or not.
Performing Clean Install on Your Windows 10
0x80070015 occurs when we try to install updates of Windows 10. The clean install will stop this issue temporarily by enhancing the performance of the PC. If you wish to run the clean install, then follow these steps:
- First of all, visit the Microsoft official site by using a compatible browser like “Edge.”
- Then, hit the tab “Download Tool Now” situated nearby the installation media of Windows 10.
- Once the download finishes hit the “Run” tab from the lowermost portion.
After that, tap on “Yes” when “UAC” opens.
- Hit the “Accept” tab to proceed with its agreements and conditions.
- Now, you have to choose the particular installation media and tap on “Next.”
- Next, check the “Architecture,” “Edition,” and “Language.” Once checking properly, hit the “Next” tab there.
- After that, choose the “ISO” file and tap the “Next” tab.
- Now, choose the venue where you wish to save your file and then tap on “Save.”
- When the progress picks the point of One hundred percent, then tap the “Finish” tab there.
- Now, tap either “F12” or “Esc,” “F2,” and “Del” as bootable setup display options proceedings suggested by your particular system.
- Now, manage various settings like “Currency and Time Format,” “Language of Installing,” ” Input and Keyboard Method,” and much more.
- After that, tap on ” Install Now.”
- Now, provide a compatible and original product key in the space provided.
- Next, tap on “Next” to proceed.
- Note: In case you don’t have any of the product keys, then choose the option for not having the product key.
- After that, mark the box of terms and conditions agreements.
- Finally, tap on “Next.”
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to finish the procedure.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Feb 24th 2020 22:48. Viewed 185 times.