How to Fix Discord Black Screen When Screen Sharing?by Bond Walker i am a web developer
Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers. It allows you to share your screen with others. However, sometimes the users cannot get screen share to properly display the video. If you are getting a black screen while trying to share screen over Discord, then read on and apply the fixes given below.
Update the Discord
- Hold the Windows and R keys to invoke the Run command.
- After that, input ‘%localappdata%’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- You should choose the Discord and twice click on it.
- Later, select the ‘Update.exe’ and twice click on it then wait for the update procedure to be finished.
- Now, reopen the Discord app.
Enable or Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Go to the Discord and perform it then choose the Settings option.
- After that, select the Appearance option, whether Hardware Acceleration is enabling, disable it.
- Select the Okay button.
- Finally, relaunch the Discord to check whether this has fixed the issue.
Disable Unrequired Programs on Windows 7
- Go to the taskbar and right-click on it then choose the ‘Start Task Manager’ option.
- Choose the Processes section and look at the recent ‘CPU and memory usage’ to check what processes are consuming the resources most.
- Reach the resource-consuming procedure, and right-click on it, then choose the ‘End Process Tree’ option.
- Now, launch the Discord app and see if the screen share issue has been fixed.
Disable Unrequired Programs on Windows 8 and 10
- Go to the taskbar and right-click on it then choose the Task Manager.
- Look at the recent ‘CPU and memory usage’ to check what processes are consuming the resources most.
- Reach the procedure of resource-consuming and choose the End Task option.
- Now, check if the problem still persists.
Remove Discord Cache Folder
- Firstly, quit the Discord.
- Then hold the Windows and R keys to invoke the Run command.
- After that, input ‘%appdata%’ into it and select the OK button.
- Reach the Discord and right-click on it, then choose the Delete option.
- Now, reopen the Discord to check the issue.
I’m Bond walker . I’m a web developer living in New york. I am a fan of technology, a publisher of guides at yellow pages design, and programming. You can read my blog with a click on the button above.
Created on Jul 8th 2020 01:36. Viewed 143 times.