How to Fix Cortana Something Went Wrong Error in Windows?by Billy Mark Blogger
While using Cortana on Windows PC, you might get the Something went wrong error. This error usually suggestions that the Windows attempts to communicate with the Microsoft servers have been unsuccessful. If you are encountering this issue, then you should apply the fixes given below.
Fix 1: Reboot the PC
In case you are encountering this error message for the first time ever, then just reboot your computer.
Fix 2: Log out of the account
At times, this problem could be due to your account. Hence, log out of your account and check if the issue of Cortana something went wrong error still persists. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Start menu.
- Select the user icon.
- Now, click on the Sign Out option.
- After that, log back into your Microsoft account.
Hopefully, doing this will fix the Cortana issue.
Fix 3: Select the same language
In order to interact with Cortana, you have to give her commands. Language has a vital part in the interaction. Hence it is suggested that you choose the same device and speech language along with the country or region language.
For changing the languages, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Select Time and Language.
- Click on Language and then select any supported language for Cortana below the Windows display language.
- Click on Region and make sure that it is supported.
- Now, just go to Speech and see if the Speech language is the same as Cortana language.
Fix 4: Select a different Cortana language
Even if the device language and speech language are the same, and you are still facing the Cortana something went wrong error, then you must go to the Cortana settings and change its language to a supported one.
Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Select Settings.
- From the Settings screen, select Cortana.
- Or else, you can click the search option and select the settings icon.
- Move to Talk to Cortana.
- Now, you can change the language.
Fix 5: Run the troubleshooter
Windows comes with an inbuilt troubleshooting tool that can fix many issues. Here’s how you can troubleshoot the Cortana issue:
- Launch the Start menu.
- Hit the settings option located in the left section.
- Select Update and Security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot section.
- Select Search and Indexing.
- Now, click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the guidelines shown on the screen to begin the troubleshooting procedure. When it is done, reboot the computer.
Or else, you can go to the Control Panel and click on Troubleshooting. Select the View All option located in the left corner. This will bring the directory of all available Troubleshooter. Click twice on Search and Indexing to start troubleshooting.
Fix 6: Install Windows updates
Certain times, issues may come up because of glitches in the OS. In case none of the aforementioned solutions work, then you should check if your Windows is updated or not.
- Just visit the Settings app and select Update and Security.
- Click check Updates.
- In case an update is available, then install it.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
More to read
- How to Cast Audio from Android to Chromecast Audio or Speaker
- How to Restore Previous Windows Version from Windows 10
- How to Search Contents of Files in Windows 7
- How to Redact Text in Microsoft Word
Created on May 2nd 2019 00:47. Viewed 260 times.