How to fix Cortana not Working on Windows 10?
by Alexa Is McAfee Cloud
Cortana is like the Alexa of the Windows and the search bar is just as effective and helpful for Windows users. However, in case your Cortana search bar is malfunctioning, then you can face major troubles. Do not worry as we can help you out. So, here are the steps to fix Cortana not working on Windows 10.
Modify Original Language
- Launch the Settings app on your system.
- Choose Time and Language.
- Go to the Language option. The original language will show here. In case the option is among the ones mentioned earlier, then there is nothing else for you to do.
- In case the original language is not supported, then select ‘Add a preferred language’ option beneath the Preferred Languages option.
- You should browse for the language you would like to use as a PC’s original language. Choose it in case you locate it to and add to the computer list.
- Then select the Next option.
- You should choose ‘Select as my display language.’
- In some situations, you should download the language pack for the selected language. The pack includes written and vocal entries in the chosen language, which will turn on to use that language on the system. If you want to download the associated pack of language, then check the box of ‘install a language pack.’
- Check the settings and choose the additional functions which you require.
- Go to the Install.
- Now, you will see a pop-up to log out of the account. Log out by selecting the ‘Yes, sign out now’ option.
Use the Language Across the Windows 10 Computer
- Get back to the Language option of the Settings application.
- Locate the ‘Related settings’ section inside the right-side panel and choose ‘Administrative language settings’
- Select the Administrative button.
- Navigate to the Copy Settings tab.
- Check the box of ‘Welcome screen and system accounts.’
- Tick the box of ‘New user accounts.’
- Go to the OK button.
- Select OK again to confirm.
- Now, choose the Restart Now button.
Modify Windows 10 Original Region
- To get started, launch the Settings app on your system.
- After that, you should choose the Time and Language option.
- Go to Region.
- You should select ‘region or country’ drop-down arrow to show a region/country list. Move up or down and select one from the compatible regions. Make sure that the region you select line up with the previous language you have chosen. In case you chosen English as the language, you have to select the region from Canada, United States, Australia, India, or the United Kingdom.
- Now, if you would like to, you should be able to use ‘Regional format’ to adjust the format for time and date.
Set up Speech Recognition
- Firstly, you have to launch Settings app.
- After that, you should select the Time and Languages option.
- Go to the Languages option.
- You have to locate language selected as the screen language.
- Select and choose Options.
- Navigate to the Language Options.
- Later, you should choose Speech.
- Now, select Download.
- If the pack of speech has been downloaded, restart the system.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source:Working on Windows 10.
Created on Dec 3rd 2019 07:05. Viewed 298 times.