How to Fix “Amazon Echo Dot” Registration Failure Error
by Alexa Is McAfee Cloud
Echo Dot is one of the most used smart speakers and is the successor of Echo. It works as a personal assistant on “Alexa,” a cloud supported service to command various works and tasks to perform wirelessly. It can make phone calls, play video or music, tuning news and weather forecasting, etc.
Sometimes Echo Dot does not register on a particular Wi-Fi network or flashes issues. It is possible as there is no device or mechanism without challenges.
Here is how to troubleshoot this Echo Dot registration issues. Follow these steps to know more:
- Checking and Managing Setup of Your Echo Dot
Usually, in any of the Echo Dot registration errors, the most common reason behind it is the improper setup. Now, before going further, we have to check that your Echo Dot is properly set up or not.
Follow these instructions to check is it properly working on its existing setups:
- Setting up Echo Dot on 1st and 2nd Generation
- First of all, open your “Echo Dot” and then install the “Alexa” application over your device if you haven’t done it.
- Now, plug your “Echo Dot” to the Wi-Fi router and make sure to keep it under the stipulated network range.
- Then, you will view that the particular ring converts from blue to orange.
- Wait for a little for the “Alexa” to say “hello.”
- After that, go to the “Settings” option on your Alexa application.
- Then, tap on “Wi-Fi.”
- Choose the proper “Wi-Fi” network and then tap on “Connect.”
- After that, you have to tap on “Alexa Devices” option located inside the application.
- Next, hit the “Echo Dot” option there.
- Now, press the option “Add Alexa Device” located inside the “Wi-Fi Networks.”
- Then, tap and press the “Action” tab until you see the light ring converts to “Orange.”
- Now, hit the “Wi-Fi” option by navigating the provided listing displays inside your Alexa application.
- Next, you have to type your network passcode.
- After that, it is recommended to keep the passcode saved for further use.
- Now, tap on “Connect” to sync the “Echo Dot” with the available Wi-Fi connection.
- Setting Up 3rd Generation Echo Dot Set Up
If you wish to set up your Echo Dot of the third edition, then follow these points:
- First of all, Open your “Echo Dot.”
- Then, download the genuine “Alexa” application on your handheld device. Ignore it if you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, keep your Echo Dot in your Wi-Fi range and then connect it to the router.
- Then, you will hear “hello” sound by Alexa after a bit.
- Next, launch your Alexa device and follow instructions to provide necessary data for Wi-Fi.
Note: Now, your “Echo Dot” will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi router each time you turn it “On” but make sure to keep your device under the Wi-Fi range.
- Rebooting Both the Echo Dot and Your Router
The simple rebooting process might resolve most of the minor issues, even corrupted devices. In the case of Echo Dot registration failure, it is recommended to perform the rebooting process for both the Dot and Router. Then, make sure it is running smoothly.
When you are purchasing an “Amazon Echo,” then it is already registered to your personal account even before dispatching to you. If you wish to buy a second-hand Echo Dot, then it should be deregistered from its primary user. Sometimes, the first user forgets to deregister it from his account; then, in this case, you have to deregister existing account to get yourself registered.
To deregister from the existing user’s account, in case you are the primary user, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch any of your desired Web browsers.
- Then, navigate to the website of “Amazon.”
- After that, tap on “Settings” located at the left-hand side menu.
- Now, hit the particular “Echo Dot” from the list that you wish to deregister.
- Next, tap on “Deregister” tab located just after your “Echo Dot’s” name.
- Tap it once more in order to verify.
Note: In case, you have purchased an Echo Dot as a second user, then you shave to deregister its existing user. To do so, you have to call the customer service of “Amazon” for taking the assistance.
You can also deregister the existing user’s data from your Alexa application. To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, tap on “Settings.”
- After that, navigate to the “Device Settings” option there.
- Select the name of your Echo Dot.
- Then, scroll your page to down to locate the option for register.
- After finding it, hit the “Deregister” tab.
- Note: After deregistering your Echo Dot from the previous user, then follow the above steps to set it up manually.
Jaxson Harry is
a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since
2002. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white
papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source: Amazon Echo Dot.
Created on Jan 4th 2020 08:04. Viewed 170 times.