How to Enter Investment Income in QuickBooks? Steps to Followby Alena Yadis Quickbooks Error Support
To manage the investment in QuickBooks efficiently, it is important for you to learn how to enter investment income in QuickBooks. Investment income in QuickBooks is the income that you receive from investments such as mutual funds, stocks, bonds, loans, and various others. In QuickBooks, you can arrange your transactions and allocate investments by setting up dedicated accounts for their specific purposes. To keep your investment income accurate and up to date, you need to set up a separate account for it. Read this article until the end to know how to enter investment income in QuickBooks Desktop application.
How to Record an Investment Payment in QuickBooks?
If you want to learn how to enter investment income in QuickBooks, then the below-given steps can help:
Create a vendor in QuickBooks:
To record investment income in QuickBooks, you need to create a vendor for it by following the below-stated steps:
- Launch QuickBooks application and then hit Vendors from Within the Expenses tab.
- Now click on the New Vendors to proceed further.
- Once you are done, enter the name of the newly created vendor.
- Enter other essential information about the vendor and click OK to save it.
- Launch QuickBooks application and move to the Chart of Accounts.
- After that, choose New, and then open the Account Type drop-down menu to select Equity.
- Next, using the Details drop-down menu, select the Partners & Owners equity options.
- Name the equity account and then hit Save and Close to complete the procedure.
- Finally, enter the capital investment funds in the account and then proceed to the next step to enter investment income in QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks and from under the Others tab, hit on + Create icon and then select Bank Deposit.
- Now click on the Accounts drop-down menu to choose your bank account.
- Once you are done, enter the date for the fund deposit.
- From New Deposits, enter the investor’s name in the Received From field.
- Using the Accounts drop-down menu, select a suitable account and choose a payment method.
- Enter the amount in the given field and hit Save and Close to finish the task.
What Is The Need For QuickBooks Investment Management?
QuickBooks investment management lets QB users record capital investments to keep track of their investment income. QBO users can record personal money that they have used to pay bills or invested in the business. The money is termed as a capital investment in QuickBooks, and you can be an owner, partners, or other owners to contribute the sum. QuickBooks investment management needs you to set up an equity account to enter investment income in QuickBooks. It mainly comprises of the three steps, as we have discussed above in this article.
How to Record Change in Value of Investment in QuickBooks?
Now that you know how to enter investment income in QuickBooks, you have to understand how to record the change in the value of an investment in QuickBooks. While managing your investment income, you may feel the need to perform this task. Recording capital investments in QuickBooks can help you to track your investment income and keeping your records accurate. However, if there is a change in the value of the investment, you need to record in the QuickBooks application using relevant steps.
Reach Out To A QB Expert!
After reading the full article, you can learn how to record investor money in QuickBooks. However, if you find it distressing to perform the procedure and need to talk to a QB expert, give us a call on our QuickBooks error helpline number. On connecting, you can learn how to enter investment income in QuickBooks with the step-by-step assistance from our expert.
Created on Aug 12th 2020 03:19. Viewed 136 times.