How to Enable the Play/Pause Button on Your Google Chrome?by Lucia Mandela software
It is quite irritating when you hear audio of an embedded video while surfing the internet. You may struggle to find the video that is playing in the background of your browser. But with the new Play/Pause button, it is pretty easy to stop a video that is playing in the background of your Chrome.
The button will appear under the toolbar of your Chrome browser once it is enabled. It is disabled by the default settings, so if you want to use this feature, then you must learn how to enable it.
It is a hidden feature in Chrome and needs prior knowledge to activate it. Read this article thoroughly to understand how to enable it in your browser. Let’s get in.
How to Set Up Google Chrome Play/Pause button?
To get to the Play/Pause button settings on your Chrome, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Enter the “Chrome://flags/” URL into your Chrome URL box located on the upper side of your screen. You can also copy/paste the URL from this step to get there instantly.
- Now Hit the Enter key to open the URL.
- There is a search bar on the top side of the browser. You have to type “Global Media” in that search box.
- Now you will see the Global Media Controls option on the top of the search result. You have to press the blue button located next to it to make it Enabled.
- After that hit the “Relaunch Now” button to restart your Google Chrome browser.
Once the browser gets restarted, The Play/Pause button will be there available for you whenever you play any media on your browsers such as YouTube videos, Spotify music, and more. You can find it on the top right corner of your browser where you generally find your Chrome extensions.
Keep in mind that the Play/Pause button will only appear when a media is playing anywhere in the Chrome browser.
You will also see Forward and Previous buttons along with the name of the media that is playing.
If there is more than one tab playing media, then you can see the controls of each tab at once.
How to Disable Play/Pause Button on Chrome?
- Enter “chrome://flags/” into the Chrome URL bar.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard to trigger flags settings.
- In the search box type “Global media” and then hit the blue colored button located next to the “Global Media Controls.”
- Tap “Disable.”
Congrats the Play/Pause button has been disabled on your Chrome browser.
Becky Losby is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source: Google Chrome
Created on Sep 17th 2019 10:26. Viewed 377 times.