How To Edit And Delete Transactions On Sage?by Bizfin Consulting Accountants While entering transactions in Sage 50 Accounting software, users many times need to edit or delete a transaction which they might have already entered. In case the user has made a mistake or needs to cancel a sale, it’s really easy to correct it in Sage 50 by going through the procedural steps enumerated below.
In Sage Accounts, users have the option to either to edit a transaction, delete transactions or reverse transactions depending on certain restrictions applicable in the types of transactions in the critical or noncritical field.
How to Amend or Edit Transaction?
In order to Amend or Edit transactions, Sage users need to follow the below mentioned procedural steps. Here all the Sage users need to log out of Sage 50 Accounts to start with the following steps.
1. Firstly, users need to go to the “Navigation” bar and click on option “Transactions”. Now after that, select the transactions that the user wants to edit or amend and then click on option “Edit”. One can also edit transactions in the Activity windows in Sage 50 Accounts (v24.2).
2. Now edit the item line details in “Item Line Details”, select the item to edit and then click on “Edit” option.
3.If the user needs to edit payment allocation references, in “Payment Allocations”, select the items that have to be modified and then click on “Edit”. Now the user can amend the “Payment Reference” and then click “Close”.
4. Now the user needs to click on the option “Close” and then click on “Save” option. When the screen pops for confirmation for modification, then click on “Yes” option.
How to Delete or Reverse a Transaction?
To delete or reverse a transaction which has been wrongly entered, it can be done by the following options:
1. Firstly, the user needs to go to the “Navigation” bar and click on option “Transactions” which the user wants to delete. Now click on “Delete” tab and when it pops for confirmation, then click on “Yes” option. In Sage 50 Accounting support, the user can also delete the transaction in the Activity window.
2. Depending on the status of the transaction, the user has the option to either delete or reverse transactions.
The user may get in touch with our “Remoteaccounting 247 -Sage support team” in case of doubts and queries related to how to “Edit or Delete Transactions” in Sage 50.
Transactions Which Cannot be Deleted or Amended
The user may also need to be aware that following types of transactions that cannot be deleted or amended. Here the user has the option to reverse the transactions and report them correctly.
1.In case of Automatically posted transactions like Write Off, Refunds and Returns wizard where reference numbers generated on invoices indicate that it is generated automatically and cannot be amended or deleted. The reason is that while amending or deleting the transactions Month To Date (MTD) and Year To Date (YTD) will get affected in Customer Records.
2. In the case of Sage Accounts (v21), in journal entries, users can only edit the details and reference fields. If they wish to correct journal entries, they have to reverse it instead of amending it.
3. In case of VAT reconciled transactions, transactions can’t be deleted. Hence, users can reverse them which will nullify the effects of the original transactions. In the case of VAT Cash Accounting, VAT reconciled transactions have to be reversed manually.
4. In case of Foreign transactions, the user has the option to edit the only Reference, Description, Exchange rate fields, and Bank reconcile. In case the user wishes to edit any other fields, one has to delete and re-enter the transactions.
How To Hide Deleted Transactions in Activity Windows?
The user can hide sage 50 delete transaction from the Activity windows by using “Filter Option” as they will still appear “Red” in the Audit trails in the Transactions window after they have been deleted.
1. The user needs to click on “Setting” appearing on the menu bar and then click on the option “Company Preferences”. Now select the option “Parameters” tab.
2. Now the user can exclude or hide all deleted transactions from transaction activity windows by selecting the “Exclude deleted transactions” by clicking on the checkbox and then click on the option “OK” after finish with tick marks in a checkbox.
Sage 50 Technical Support Team
Our skilled Sage experts will provide instant solutions to all your doubts or queries related to “Edit or Delete transaction”. Users can get in touch via the Remoteaccounting 247 Sage Tech Support Helpline +1-844-857-4846.
Created on Aug 21st 2018 07:38. Viewed 384 times.