How to Download Magellan GPS Update Directly On Device?by Adam Smith Navigation Expert
Downloading Magellan GPS Update is not that daunting task. However, if you had had any bad experience when you tried last, you may feel a bit reluctant about this job.
We receive millions of the call per week regarding help with Magellan map update. The fastest way to get Magellan GPS updates is to get it directly on your device.
Here is a quick guide for all Magellan owners. Read this carefully if you have Magellan RoadMate 7771, 7732, 7722, 6722, 6630, 6620, and 6615. This post will also help you if you have any other model of Magellan GPS device.
Some Initial Magellan setup:
Before you go for downloading Magellan GPS updates. There are specific preparations that you nee dot do. Following check out what these are:
- Charge your GPS device. IT should have the maximum possible battery backup.
- Turn ON your GPS device.
- Connect your Magellan GPS to Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Magellan official website and login to your account. (Create a new account if you haven't got it yet.)
- Register your device manually if it doesn't get register itself.
- Ensure the initial setup is completed.
Done with all these? Good going!! Now, let us move further. To learn in detail about how to get Magellan GPS updates directly on your device?
This section will provide step by step guide on "Downloading any available maps and software updates on GPS via wi-fi." Do the following to complete the task.
- Close any open map or menu on your device.
- Come to the home screen of your device.
- Click on "Setup" option from the Map screen.
- Click on the "Updates" option.
- You will get a notification on screen, stating all available
- Click on the option you want to download.
- You can choose among "Map Update" or "Software Update."
Now, sit back and wait until the updates get downloaded on your device. Once all done, you will get a message for same.
Restart your GPS device once to let it work with newly downloaded stuff. For more information about Magellan GPS update problems, Contact our certified technicians.
Dial the toll-free GPS support numbers: USA/Canada: +1 888-480-0288 & UK: +44 800-041-8324.
Created on Jun 17th 2019 02:54. Viewed 446 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.