Instagram is gaining more and more popularity every day. If you are tired of getting Instagram notifications every other minute, then you can easily disable them. Here’s how:
Steps to turn notifications on or off on Instagram are:
- Start iPhone’s Settings. Press the grey app with gears symbol. The setting application is found on the Home screen.
- Click Notification. It is located on the top of the menu list. After this, you will see a list of all the applications that was a supporting notification.
- Go down and click Instagram. All the Applications are arranged alphabetically, In the “I” column you will find Instagram.
- You have to wait till you get the notification, whether Instagram is not performing.
- In case Instagram is still not showing in the menu list, after receiving a notification in the application, delete the Instagram application.
- Switch off your iPhone
- Start your iPhone again.
- Download it again.
After downloading the applications, Choose Allow Notifications and Instagram should be shown in the Notification column of the Settings app.
- 4. Click the white “Allow Notifications” button. It appears on the top of the menu list. Clicking it will cause it to change green, indicating that Instagram will send notifications on iPhone.
- Switch on or off other notifications. Click the white button to the right to turn on, or click the green button to the next to turn off.
- 6. Choose an alert style, under the “Show as Banners” button, press Temporary or Persistent. In case you have switched off “Show as Banners” then the option will exhibit to you.
- Put a preview option. This will show whether you can view the content in the Instagram notification without opening it. After this go down and click Show Previews, then choose one of the given options:
- Always– For Instagram notifications you will always see previews like “ Mike liked your post.”
- When Unlocked– If iPhone is unlocked, for Instagram notifications you will see previews.
- Never- For Instagram notifications, you will never see previews.
8. Click the “Back” option twice. It is located in the top-left corner of the display. Instagram will take you back to the notification page, and it saves your changes first before moving to back button. Now, Instagram can quickly send you the notifications.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup
Created on Dec 10th 2018 09:28. Viewed 256 times.