How to Disable Incognito Mode?by Celine Williams Digital Marketing Expert
Incognito Mode is one of Chrome’s best features as it facilitates privacy and saves you the time of deleting your browsing history as well. Despite all of Incognito’s pros, you still might want to disable it. So, here are the steps to disable incognito mode.
Turn off Incognito Mode in Chrome on PC
If you want to turn off incognito mode in Chrome on PC, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to choose Start and input “CMD” into the search bar.
- After that, go to the Command Prompt, and right-click on it.
- Then choose Run as Administrator.
- Navigate to the Command Prompt screen, input: REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome /v IncognitoModeAvailability /t REG_DWORD /d 1
- Now hit Enter.
Turn off Incognito Mode in Chrome on MacBook
If you want to turn off incognito mode in Chrome on MacBook, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by going to the Finder and click on Go.
- Navigate to the Utilities option.
- You should launch the Terminal application.
- Then you have to input this “defaults write com.google.ChromeIncognitooModeAvailability –integer 1z”
- Now hit the Enter key.
Turn off Private Mode in Firefox on PC
If you want to turn off private mode in Firefox on PC, then you can follow the provided steps.
- To get started, you should open the Firefox browser.
- After that, you have to click on the hamburger menu icon at the upper right-hand side of the screen and then choose Add-ons.
- Navigate to the search box at the upper of the screen, then enter “Private begone.”
- Go to the search results and choose the Private begone.
- This add-on will totally turn off Private Browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
- Navigate to the “Add to Firefox.”
- When the prompt called Private Begone appears, choose Add.
- Choose “Okay, Got It” to finish the installation.
- Now, you have to close all the running instances of Firefox, and then reboot the browser. You will no more be capable of launching Firefox in a private window.
Turn off InPrivate Browsing in Microsoft Edge
If you want to turn off InPrivate Browsing in Microsoft Edge, then pursue the instructions given below.
- To begin with, go to the Microsoft Edge browser and close whichever instances which are running.
- Navigate to the search box and input REGEDIT into it.
- Go to the search results, choose Registry Editor.
- When the window asks if you would like to permit the program to create changes to the computer, choose Yes.
- You have to go to the sidebar and search this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft.
- After that, navigate to the menu and right-click on Microsoft.
- Later, choose New and then Key.
- Give a name to key Microsoft Edge.
- Also, give a name to this new key “Main.”
- Go to the Main key and right-click on it.
- Navigate to the menu, choose New, and select DWORD (32) Value.
- You should give a name to the new key “AllowInPrivate.”
- Twice click on DWORD called AllowInPrivate and ensure that it is set to 0.
- You have to choose, OK.
- Now, you can exit the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer. Now, the InPrivate option will no more be accessible on Microsoft Edge.
Turn off Incognito Mode in Chrome on Android
If you want to turn off incognito mode in Chrome on Android, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First, you have to go to the Google Play application on the phone.
- After that, go to the search box and input Disable Incognito Mode.
- Then install this app.
- You have to launch the application.
- Go to the “Open Settings.”
- Navigate to the settings screen and enable DisableIncognitoMode.
- Select Allow to give the application permission if requested.
- Now, also you can back to the application and select the Hide icon after Settings to create the application disappears from the phone’s application display.
Turn off Private Mode in Safari Browser on iPhones.
If you want to turn off private mode in the Safari browser on iPhones, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First and foremost, open the Settings on your device.
- After that, go to the Screen Time.
- Navigate to the Screen Time screen, select Turn on Screen Time.
- Once you read the summary of what the feature can provide by Screen Time, tap on Continue.
- When you are setting up the parental controls on the kid’s iPhone, select This is My Child’s iPhone.
- If you would like to set the downtime hours, the mobile can’t be used.
- Go to the next screen, do the exact for App Limits.
- Select Continue on the Content & Privacy screen.
- You have to make a password so only you can control these settings.
- Navigate to the Content & Privacy Restrictions. Input the Passcode when you are asked.
- You should enable Content & Privacy Restrictions by switching the button to the right-hand side.
- Choose Content Restrictions.
- Now, tap on Web Content.
- Go to the Web Content screen, and select Limit Adult Websites
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on lexmark printer support and many other related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 00:05. Viewed 137 times.