How to deal with Loneliness?by Better Lyf Online Counselling Psychologist
The loneliness, Nobody wants to feel it. If you see then the person whom you think is the most anti-social also want someone to chit chat. Why loneliness is harmful, Loneliness can lead to depression, a loss of motivation, and not being able to fulfil one’s social needs. If you are the one who is dealing with loneliness then you should find the right ways to deal with it. Here are some top tips to deal with Loneliness.
1. Accept your feelings and emotions when you are isolated. One thing you must know that these are the normal emotion that almost everyone experiences at some point. By accepting what it feels help you to cope with loneliness.
2. Talk to a therapist about your problem. Loneliness is the origin of depression and anxiety. If you handle it in the right way you will be saved from these sad feelings. You can look for an online counselor to get loneliness counseling.
3. Reach out to old friends or family members don't hesitate. The will appreciate your this step and will encourage you to meet with new people and making new friends. A conversation with an old buddy will be a pleasant experience, and talking to them will remind you about the old times and relationship that you have in past. So meet your friend and get help.
4. Finding a hobby will help you to use your alone time and the good thing that you will not feel alone. You can take your time to explore it. Find the right one that includes hanging outside and includes meeting with the new people.
5. Embrace your solitude will help you in the best way. The fact is that a person who has 100 friends end up wasting some time alone. So it's difficult to avoid being alone completely, find something that you actually enjoy to utilise the time.
6. Get outside like park, mall, stadium etc will help you to develop thoughts that will divert your mind from loneliness. When you are sensing isolated, consider simply giving twenty minutes to an hour outside. Park will be the best for fresh air that can help you clear your head and feel revived.
7. Social media, Give it a rest. Yes, we know that social media helps people to connect with other people. But, often it does the reverse. Sometimes people often end up scrolling the feed of there timeline and comparison himself with others. This also makes them feel alone and sad. So put away your mobile phone and meet with actual persons.
8. Exercise has many privileges, not only for physical health but also mental health. So start doing exercise. Exercise is a productive activity where you accomplish something and this feeling will kill the loneliness.
Hope you find all these tips useful. Read more about how to deal with loneliness? Here
Created on Dec 15th 2020 04:13. Viewed 74 times.